Curiosity killed the cat

"KA-TY! KA-TY! KA-TY! KA-TY!"

The excited crowd of fans were chanting, looking up at her balcony, hoping she'd come out and greet them. Word got out that she was staying at a lush hotel in New York City for a few days - and hundreds and hundreds came running, the very night she arrived. It was a stir of commotion, making the night of New York City sound much louder than it already was.

It was a frosty night, several mounds of snow occupying the streets. The swarm of fans were bundled up in jackets, sweaters, hats, handwarmers- anything in attempt to keep them from the bitter cold. Apart from all the screaming and jumping, some were talking with one another.

"I swear! I swear I saw her walk in! She looked so hot and-"

"Do you think she'll eventually come out? I just want to take a picture to show my friends and-"

"What if this isn't even the right balcony?! Where the hell is she?! I can't-"

They came from uptown and downtown, east and west - even some from different boroughs. Most were wishing for one thing - to get at least a glimpse of her. But then there were others. The ones who wanted more. More than just a glimpse or wave.

"I swear, I'll just stay here until she's down here."

"Do you think if I stay here and freeze, she'll come and defrost me?"

"What if she tells me she loves me? Like, to my face? I wouldn't even-"

The obvious sound of a sliding door silenced the crowd. This happened so many times before, and when they thought it was her it was just another guest in another balcony, looking out to see what was going on. But not this time.

Everyone gasped in shock as the woman they've been waiting for - screaming for, emerged from the room. Katy Perry smiled gracefully at the crowd, her arm over the ledge, waving to them. The roar of the crowd was undeniable. Katy could feel more happiness bubble up inside her as they waved back, smiling, some crying, and some making heart signs with their hands.

She was wearing a baggy knit violet sweater with adorable hello kitty pajamas and black fuzzy slippers. Her black wavy hair seemed longer and strands of it is regularly tucked behind her ears, but this time it was secured over them, saving them from the harsh weather.

After about fifteen minutes of blowing kisses and communicating with the crowd, she said goodnight. And just like that, the large cluster dispersed, heading home with pictures on their cameras and smiles on their faces. Katy was back in her room and below her balcony, there was no one..absolutely no one.

Or at least that's what she thought. Twenty minutes passed and she suddenly heard a voice shouting, "I'm still here! Only person here! I told you I'll be here until I get my hug!" Who the hell..? Katy wondered. She went up to the the glass balcony door. She had to actually go out to see who was there, even though she didn't feel like shivering again. She peered down and her eyes lay on one, single fan that was rubbing her hands together, trying to make them warm. She looked up at her.

"Oh, hey babe! Knew you'd come out and check on me!"

Katy cracked a confused smile. She loved the confidence that she could already see oozing from her. A fan never actually waited (not even sure if what they were waiting for was actually going to happen),alone, in the cold for this long. "Wait..you stayed here? After everyone left?" she questioned.

"Yep! Didn't you hear me yell that to you?"

"When everyone else was yelling? No." Katy giggled. "Well they aren't here now, right?" the fan spun and looked around her, making Katy giggle even more. "Babe, I told you.. I'm not leaving until I get my hug. I bet you're warm." "But it's freezing! I can't..you can't-" Katy stuttered, her tone of voice sympathetic.

The girl smiled, knowing Katy would feel bad and maybe give in so she could head back home. "So what, babe?" the fan didn't give up. "I'm used to this."

"Stop calling me babe!"

"Sorry babe."

Katy bit her lip in an attempt not to grin. Oh, this one knows just what to say...

"What's your name?"

"Willa."

"Willaaa.." she sounded out to herself. "You're crazy to still be out here..but..it's also really sweet of you..."

"So you'll come down here and hug me?" Willa grinned and raised her eyebrows. There was a brief silence. Katy noticed how Willa's long coffee hair was swept to one side, tipped with frost. Her clothes, light and thin for the arctic breeze to blow through. Katy glanced at her lavender nails and fiddled with her fingers. She knew what she had to do.

"How old are you?" Katy asked. "Sixteen. Old enough," Willa declared. "Well.. I don't really do this, but how about you just come up here?" Katy was watching Willa's face turn paler than ever and her eyes maximize. "Wait..seriously?" her voice shook. "Yeah. You're not waiting out here all night. Wanna come up?"

"Oh my god. Yes."