2️⃣

2:30 p.m. at your house
when you finally get to your house, you guys throw your bikes down on the front lawn and run inside. richie catches up to you, "so about the thing i was gonna say." you were a little confused at first then you remembered after school.
~~
richie's pov
~~
i started dozing off. y/n's changed a lot. i remember when we met in third grade, she was the biggest girly girl you could ever meet. my favorite memory betwe-

"hello??" y/n looked at me with that "what the fuck, dude" expression.

i stopped daydreaming and remembered what i was gonna ask her. i was gonna ask her if she had feelings for henry, but i didn't want her to think i really liked her, when i kind of did.

"oh, uh i was just wondering if you were coming to the quarry with us."

"i'm not sure. might just stay home."

"oh okay." dammit.
~~
y/n's pov
~~
that was weird. i walked inside the house and went inside my room to change. i changed into some black shorts and a KISS t-shirt.

i was walking towards the seat next to bill until i tripped over richie's backpack.

"shit!"

i scraped my knee on a pen that was on the side of his backpack. bill came over to me and helped me cover it up.

"dude are you okay? that looks bad," bill says as he grabs the rubbing alcohol. richie tried to apologize as bill calls him a dumbass for leaving his bag there.

"bill calm down it was an accident. richie didn't know" i said while rubbing his back.

"yeah listen to hot stuff over here. it was an accident, and i said sorry." i rolled my eyes for the 8 millionth time.

after it gets covered up we turn on the tv and start watching a movie. i sit on the floor since there aren't anymore seats available. bill gets up and lets me sit on his lap.

(SIDE NOTE: I DON'T MEAN ANYTHING DIRTY THEY ARE CLOSE FRIENDS REMEMBER)

it was really quiet during the movie. stan seemed really interested and bill fell asleep.

richie gives us dirty looks while watching. but during the middle of the movie he blurts out, "lets go to the quarry guys. this movie sucks."

stan whines, gets up and tries to wake up bill. he snapped up, "w-what's going on!?" stan answers with "get up, we're gonna go down to the quarry."

we decided the first one to get there chooses the jumping order. as we were about to leave, i grabbed my beatbox almost forgetting it, and yell, "I'M READY ASSHOLES!!" we grab our bikes and race down to the quarry.

richie got to the quarry first. unfortunately. eddie got to the quarry last because after five minutes into riding, the poor boy fell off.

"hmm, lets see..." richie taps his chin. but all of a sudden his eyes light up. "i have a genius
idea!"

i roll my eyes again. "well that's a first."

richie walls up to me, put his arm around me for the billionth time today, and says, "here's the order. bill, stan, eddie, then y/n's gonna stay here with me so i can ask her something."

he has that huge, stupid, grin on his face again, so i know something's up with this.

you guys stare at each other for a few seconds, but felt like hours, until he yells out "LAST ONE TO JUMP OFF HAS TO KISS ME!"

you look around confused then after you realize what he just said you think.

oh shit.

you jump off as fast as possible but richie's already down there. he whispers in your ear, "i'll take my prize later loser" he smiles and winks.

"you know what, fuck you richie." you say laughing while raising up your middle finger.

richie smiles and says "you know you love me"

you roll your eyes and smile while staring at each other once again.

but that moment ends when richie pulls himself into the water and grabs your legs so you fall too.

he puts you on his shoulders and yells "CHICKEN FIGHTTT!!!"

he's too competitive, you thought

but as bill gets on stan's shoulders, you and richie both remember your guys' 'attack move' you made up last summer.

i whisper to richie and he nods his head "ready frog face?"

"always hot stuff" he responds.

you smack his forehead and scream at the top of your lungs, "ATTACK MOVE!"

richie goes underwater with you still on his shoulders and pulls stan's legs underwater just as you push bill's chest making them both fall backward into the water.

richie high fives you then whispers "i'll take my prize loser," you playfully push him into the water, and when he gets back up you kiss your fingers and place it on his cheek.

"i'll take what i can get. for now," he winks and starts laughing. "in your dreams frog face" you say rolling your eyes, but smiling on the inside.

"summer has just begun..."  <3