Pt. 1 | what once was could never be | {Link x Reader x Sidon}

✸ ⊱ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ⊰ ✸

Reading Key:

✸ (Y/n) = Your name

✸ (h/c) = hair color

✸ (e/c) = eye color

✸ (s/c) = skin color

✸ (f/c) = favorite color

✸ (H/n) = Horse name

Italics = someone's inner thoughts

✸ ⊱ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ⊰ ✸

¡C H A P T E R   W A R N I N G S!
Mentions of problems with memory loss
Post-Calamity Ganon
Post-Ending Credits
Unrequited Love
Game Spoilers
Heavy Angst

✸ ⊱ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ⊰ ✸

Author's Note: Hello, new and returning readers, this one-shot collection book is currently being revised, if anyone is wondering why all of the chapters have been taken down. Also, please note the chapter warnings up above. Each chapter will have its own set of individualized warnings in order for me to warn you, the reader, of any possible triggering content and other general topics that may interest you. Please, be responsible about the media you choose to consume! Cheers, and happy reading! <3 :)

✸ ⊱ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ⊰ ✸

Time flew by in a messy blur, a spinning spiral of moments that would be recorded in history books to come after such momentous feats of glory, of course, as this mythical tale was one of great heroism. For ages to come, citizens would gossip and talk about their wonderful heroes ridding their beloved Hyrule of the darkness that once inhabited their peaceful kingdom and bringing a new age of light and hope. It had taken years to rebuild the kingdom back into the prospering realm it once was. Starting exactly a month ago, a celebration was had every single day to commemorate the fourth year that had passed since the day Calamity Ganon's reign of terror officially ended, the malevolent evil no longer a threat.

These everyday festivities were leading up to a very special occasion, one that had been eagerly anticipated for around a year now. The whole affair should have been rather joyous, and the whole kingdom seemed to agree by nearly everyone's constant state of bliss, unfortunately, you would not have been keeping count of the seconds ticking by if today did not represent another type of anniversary for you. Your fleeting heart gave an aching lurch within your chest that was so fierce your ribs absolutely throbbed, always, the agony had never stopped for a minute– would not ever cease to exist, you secretly mourned– and you vaguely wondered what would kill you first. Would the cause of your untimely death be heartbreak, or something different that would make the pain go away forever?

You severely doubted you would go peacefully.

As you regally glided through the refurbished corridors of Hyrule Castle, chin held high, shoulders delicately squared and poised, and eyes a steady fixture of perfection, you minutely paused at the sound of cheerful laughter filtering through your senses. You allowed the pretty, mixing sounds to somewhat soothe your troubled mind. This– this is what you fought and bled and cried for. If you were the only soul adrift in their sorrows, you would expertly hide your feelings this evening. No one else deserved to be brought down by your inappropriate negativity. After everything, you welcomed your sweeping tide of emotions with reluctant open arms, and you would finally let yourself feel a little at peace as you sunk deeper and deeper into the recesses of your complex thoughts.