06

time skip: later

"honey, i'm home!" amber yells as she closes the front door behind her. "welcome home, amber." vik smiles as he walks down the stairs, followed by simon. "thank you, vik." amber smiles back at vik before just looking blankly at simon.

"amber." simon simply says with a nod. "simon." amber nods back at simon.

"right so, amber," vik says, cutting the tension between the pair. "hmm?" amber hums in response as she turns her attention onto him. "we've decided that tomorrow is the day that you and simon are going to have that bonding time." vik smiles. "for the whole day?" amber asks. "hopefully, why?" vik asks. "well, it's just that i'm going on a lunch date tomorrow with my boyfriend." amber explains. "oh..." vik mutters.

"can't we just do this next week?" simon asks. "for once, i agree with you, simon." amber says.

vik sighs, thinking.

"vik, it's not a hard question to answer, surely." simon says. "well, what day next week was you thinking?" vik asks. "i dunno. whenever she's off work." simon shrugs. "i can do saturday next week." amber smiles. "well, saturday it is then." vik sighs. 

"no, no. not saturday." simon shakes his head. "why not?" amber asks. "i'm busy." simon says. "doing?" vik asks. "seeing my parents." simon says. "oh..." vik hums.

"i mean, i can possibly do friday this week, it just means cancelling my plans with my boyfriend and his friends." amber says. "no, no. you don't have to do that amber." vik says. "it's either that, or wait for like another three or so weeks before i have time off." amber sighs. 

"cancel then. your boyfriend looks weird anyway." simon shrugs. "never judge a book by its cover, simon." amber says. "so you agree with me?" simon asks. "kinda." amber shrugs. "lol." simon says with a small smile.

"why're you two suddenly nice to each other?!" vik asks, baffled. "i'm tired. i can't be bothered to argue." amber sighs. "honestly, same though." simon nods, agreeing with amber. "well, can't you guys be tired all the time? i mean i prefer this than you two constantly arguing, you know." vik yells. "calm down vik, fucking hell." simon says, widening his eyes a bit. "i know, jesus vik." amber says, taken aback.

"it's true though!" vik says.

"couldn't agree with you more, vik." the sound of josh coming downstairs catches everyone's attention. "thank you, josh!" vik yells, relieved that someone agree's with him.

"guys, we don't argue all the time, you know." simon says. "name one time when you don't argue." josh says. "when we're busy." simon says. "doesn't count." vik says. "when we're watching a movie." amber says. "a-a... fair enough." vik stutters.

"but listen guys... you two do have a bad habit of arguing a lot, except when you're like this, tired, and except when you're doing something, like watching a movie or busy with work. anyway, the arguing needs to stop, or go down to a minimum. it's annoying, and half the time, petty. so please, for me, for vik, for jj, and for the other guys, try and get along." josh says, looking over at simon and amber each time.

"whatever." simon shrugs. "for you, josh and vik, i will try." amber smiles. "thank you." josh sighs before walking off to the kitchen; vik follows.

. . .

"so, are you gonna cancel on friday or not?" simon asks, turning to face amber. "sure, if you want me to." amber shrugs. "up to you." simon also shrugs. "sure. i will." amber nods before walking off, up the stairs, to her room.

simon sighs before heading into the kitchen where josh and vik are.