Chapter Five ~

How is everyone? I'm fantastic, and completely in love with Dylan O'Brien. I mean, has anyone noticed how perfect he is? He went to a premiere just for food once. Now that is my type of man.

Disclaimer: I do not own Misfits, only Rose and Nessie so far.

~ SaskiaRose

Rosetta Bernett

Hearing your little sister scream after what you've experienced before, is heart shattering. Or heart stopping. As soon as the first note came from her tiny little voice box, I sprinted off in the direction the scream came from.

It was getting pretty dark, and running through the trees without tripping over is extremely difficult. Branches snapped off as I roughly brushed them aside, cutting my arms in the process. I couldn't even think about the pain at the moment. All I coult think about was getting to Nessie. 

I broke through the clearing to come to a large hole in the ground. I stopped running before I fell in the hole. I could hear Nessie's cries from up hear, it was so painful.

"Help me!" She cried. I peered over the edge.

"Ness?" I called out, spotting her at the bottom. Her face and body was covered in dirt and tears streaked her face.

"Please help me Rosie," she cried helplessly.

"I will, I promise." I said to her and myself. I can do this. 

I examined the hole. It was quite deep, about 2 - 3 metres. It was lucky she wasn't dead or had even broken a bone. There was obviously no rope nearby, only some weird thick vines that didn't look long enough to reach my little sister. Maybe if she was taller she would be able to reach them, but she was only three years old. Since I couldn't think of anything else anyway and I didn't want to leave Nessie alone to get help because it was now too dark, I grabbed the vines and lay on my stomach stretching out as far as I could. 

I lowered the vines down in the hole, and screamed in frustration when they didn't reach her. All I wanted was for her to be out of there and safe. Why the hell was there a massive hole in the middle of a clearing anyway?

I closed my eyes tightly. A few tears managed to escape my eyes. If only the thickish vine would grow somehow. I imagined in my head the vine growing toward my sister, twirling around her hand and lifting her out of the deep and dark hole. I felt something moving around my hand as I heard my little sister gasp. I opened my eyes and I too, felt myself gasping in astonishment.

The vine grew. It twined around my wrist and arm, and grew out to Nessie. It winded around her waist, and I concentrated on lifting her out. The vine got her out slowly but safely.

"What was that?" She asked.

"I have no idea." I said to her, but not before scooping her up in my arms and holding her to my chest tightly. I don't know what I would ever do if I lost Ness.

~_~

I had stayed up all night drinking energy drinks, while experimenting with my new 'power'. I found out that  I could control any plant, and even grow one from thin air. The feeling was fantastic, the rush of power I felt almost gave me whiplash. I smirked to myself once I realized that Nathan was now the only one nowhere close to discovering his power was.

The caffine that was running through my body made my movements jerky and my eyes bug-eyed. I ignored the weird looks as I ran down the block, already late for my community service this morning. There was no one in the locker rooms, so I quickly changed into my gross orange jumpsuit. I hurried out into the main room, where the others were setting up for the next elders party. I was almost out of breath when I caught up to them. They were all putting town chairs and setting up tables, but Nathan wasn't present.