Chapter Eleven- Done

Please don't kill me.

____

Chapter Eleven- Done

My bag is packed and beside me as I sit, feet anxiously tapping away, and wait for Alice to come pick me up. Mackenzie and Tara are apparently already there and my car has conveniently run out of gas.

I managed to stay in school for the rest of the day yesterday, with headphones in my ears, but in school.

My parents must not have come home until really late and left early this morning, because I haven't seen them or heard from them. I was shocked actually that my mother wasn't home seeing that nowadays she's always out.

Last night I crawled in to bed early and woke up frequently during my slumber from my nightmares ad cold flashes. I felt extremely alone, and needy. I could have done with someone holding me while I laid in bed.

BEEEEP BEEEEEEP!

The loud and irritating beep of Alice's car horn snaps me back to reality and causes me to stand up from my spot. Not forgetting my bag I put on the step next to me. I make my way to my friend's car.

I'm silent the whole car ride as Alice hums along to the songs faintly playing in the back round.

I do however raise an eyebrow to when we pull up not in front of the house I used to spend so much time in, but a huge mansion like house that is all too familiar.

"What are we doing at Elizabeth's house?" I ask.

"I... uhhmm... She offered to host? My mum and dad said no friends over because they're out. I didn't think it would be a problem but if it is.. I mean.." Alice replies nervous.

"Sure." I shrug. 

"Okay?" She questions. "You mean it's alright?"

"Sure." I shrug again.

For reasons I do not understand I feel out of place but don't speak up. The house looks much bigger when there aren't tons of people partying inside and outside it.

Alice doesn't knock on the door but goes right in, greeted by a fairly small dog who is trying to bark in excitement but is only getting out little yips.

She must be a puppy.

"Yala sit down please. Don't attack Alice." Elizabeth calls after the dog. "Yala is a puppy. She still loves attacking new people."

She says the last part to me as I bend down to pet her. She's a grey and white husky I think and has the most beautiful blue eyes I have ever seen. 

"You can put your things in the movie room Abi. I thought we could stay in there because its big and spacious, also in the basement so if my parents decide to come home tonight we won't bother them. Plus a great wall for movies." Elizabeth tells me.

I nod and let her lead me to where ever her "movie room" is. The minute I walk in I have to hold back from letting my mouth drop in awe. Saying the room is big is an understatement. There are tons of big blankets and pillows scattered across the floor in between the six or seven spread out couch chairs. On them are some bags that I assume are my friends bags. The chairs face a huge wall with a projector screen covering it, which they probably use to show the movies they watch.

Randomly putting my bag down in the room I make sure to slide my phone with headphones in my sweatshirt pocket so that I can have back up if I need to get away.

Alice chats away with Elizabeth about how much fun we're going to have and I remain silent as we walk back upstairs toward laughing voices.

"No way! Cole did not do that!" I hear Mackenzie laugh.