Chapter Nine- Whispers

When I walk into school tuesday morning I sense that something is wrong. I'm getting a few whispers and stares, something that I thought we had gotten rid of. I can't find Mackenzie when it comes time for study hall. Another strange thing, Cole and Tara ignored me the whole time.

Maybe I offended them when I didn't allow them to take me home yesterday. I just couldn't deal with them at that moment. I think I was justified in allowing Elizabeth to take me home.

At lunch I look for Alice, Elizabeth even, but they aren't there so I end up in my outside spot, eating lunch alone.

It gets to a point during the day when all of them looking at me, as if they are expecting me to do something, is stifling. It all feels off.

'Hey.' I recieve a text from Zayn last period.

Odd. Shouldn't he be asleep?

'Hello.' I reply, not bothering to ask why he's up because maybe he'll rethink being awake and go to sleep and I need some sense of normalcy right now even though there is nothing really normal about us talking.

'How is school today?'

'Weird. Every1 is being off.'

'Sorry to hear tht. Did something happen?'

'Not that I know of.'

'Yeah definetly weird. Anything else new?'

'No. I'm just waiting for the last bell to ring so I can go home.'

'Ah...right! The only reason girls like me now is because of One Direction. Even then, they all love the other lads more.'

'Tht is SO not true!'

'Sure it is...'

'Zayn! You've got the most perfect skin, beautiful voice, and amazing personality ever. That is why they love you.'

'No. That personality you know is Just Zayn's. When I'm Celeb Zayn it's different. They all chant Harry louder, or ask Niall to say something in his accent. They don't really know me so that so my so called amazing personality is useless.'

'Zayn! U were, still r, my favorite band member. There are loads of girls who refer to themselves as Zayn girls. I wouldn't worry. Ur charm, wit, amazing personality, all seeps through.'

'Really?'

'Yeah :)'

Thankfully the last bell rings, saving me and letting me leave this building filled with uncomfortable situations waiting to happen. I let my car read to me Zayn's text as I drive and answer with siri, dictating what should be sent.

Instead of driving home, I take my school work and drive to the park. It's actually pretty out today and it is one of the last days like this before it starts getting cold again.

'So how is tour going?' I ask, I always wanted to know what going on tour was like. Especially for the One Direction boys and Erin with them.

Their 1D3D movie was a small insight, I watched it on my own, but not much.

'It's crazy! I'm always in awe when I see our sold out stadiums. Having Erin here is prtty awesome 2.'

'I cn only imagine. She's a pretty awesome person. Where r u guys now?'

'Melbourne.'