Chapter Six- Their Good Memories

HI! So I am having writers block with the third book of the Silver Lining Series. But since it doesn't matter after the second book what the order is, YOLO!

Enjoy ;)

In honor of the You and I official music video premiere!

__

Chapter Six- Their Good Memories

"She's really not so bad and if you want to come sit with us you are more then welcome to." Mackenzie tells me before we leave for fourth period.

Turns out the both of us have study hall third period together on Tuesdays and Fridays so we hung out because there wasn't much to study for anyways.

"Thank you for the offer but I'm going to stick with eating outside. Not that I doubt Elizabeth's level of niceness I just don't feel comfortable eating in the lunch room just yet." I say back.

"Well then we can come eat with you outside! Tell me where to meet you!" She continues with the idea of us having lunch together.

"Really, it is fine. Besides didn't you say that she isn't really okay since whatever it was that prompted her SOS text last night? She doesn't need to come eat with me outside, a girl she doesn't know or like. You and Alice should go eat with her in the lunchroom."

"She doesn't NOT like you!"

I give her a 'really?' look, not believing that one bit.

"She calls me psycho."

"That is because all she knows about here are the whispers she hears or the things scratched into the bathroom stalls."

"There are things about me scratched into bathroom stalls?!" My eyes widen in fear.

"No." Mackenzie face-palms. "It was a figure of speech. Just think about it. I'll see you later."

We part ways and I head over to Home Ec, which is my fourth period class.

I feel bad about turning down Mackenzie's offer but I don't think I'm ready to eat in the lunchroom and I am not sure when I'll be.

Also, Elizabeth is one of the most popular girls in school, in fact I think she IS the most popular girl in school because of her crazy parties. She also happens to be not the nicest person. I don't think I can deal with her right now.

'Hello -Z" I receive a text from Zayn.

I add a little skip in my step when I read it.

I've been wanting to text him ever since we ended our conversation last night, but I haven't had the confidence to text him first. 

'Hey!' I text back.

We text through fourth period and until he has to go during seventh period.

Zayn is an extremely nice guy and underratedly hilarious. Or maybe I just find everything funny. You could drop a dime on the floor and I'll burst into laughter.

He's been making my day way more bearable.

After ninth period I am able to go home, school is over, and I realize I should probably get started on Mr. Frayer's Mythology in History assignment.

Thankfully he didn't ask me to get in a group again this morning, so for now I'm still on my own.

When I come down to the living room with my laptop I spot my mother with a cup of coffee in her hands, staring off blankly.