Chapter 15 - Reindeer are Like Horses

Percy had expected something dramatic to happen, such as everyone heading off to arm themselves and prepare the ship for battle. However, Fury simply pointed them in a random direction and said, "Go prepare yourselves." 

Steve knew exactly what to do and walked to grab his suit and shield. Percy trailed behind him miserably, sorely disappointed by the lack of energy and action in the group. 

"This should be more exciting," he pouted as they walked to the weapon room. 

"What do you mean?" Steve asked him with a small smile. 

"I mean, movies and films all have these dramatic scenes that are filled with loud music and things," Percy replied. Steve and Natasha burst out laughing at his ideas. 

"I wish," Natasha said as she shook her head. Having been an agent for many, many years, she could recall perfectly well the boring days of waiting around for a target to arrive. Extremely uneventful indeed. 

When they finally arrived, the first thing Percy saw was the Captain America suit. He sprung back in alarm. "Gah! Why is this cursed thing here!" he exclaimed as he clutched his eyes in agony. 

Steve gave him a hurt look. "I quite like this suit," he mumbled. 

"What? This horrid thing has earned your affection?" he asked in disbelief. When Steve nodded in confirmation, he fell to the ground in despair and fear. "What has happened to you?" 

Natasha rolled her eyes and prodded him in the shoulder. "Do you need any weapons?" 

"Nah, I'm good. I have my trusty pin."

"What?"

"I have a pin." 

"Um...Okay?" 

Deciding to show her, Percy unclasped his pin from his shirt and pressed the small button. The pin morphed into a black sword, and Natasha could see her own stunned reflection gazing back at her. 

"What is this?" she asked in amazement. Percy swung the blade around, enjoying the noise it made when it cut through the air and pressed another button at the base of the sword to return it to pin form.

"It's my sword," he replied simply. 

Natasha was still staring at him, so he tried to explain. "Well, I have a brother who's good at...technology, so he invented this," he said as he struggled to replace certain demigod words. 

"So like Tony?" Natasha asked.

"Oh gods, no!" Percy exclaimed with a shudder of disgust. "He's the reformed and improved version of Tony." Even Bruce laughed at that.

🌊🌊🌊

"Planes are so fast," Percy marveled as they traveled to Germany to hopefully apprehend Loki. Thinking about Annabeth's reaction when he told her what happened, he smiled in delight. 

"I agree," Steve replied, completely dressed in his uniform with his shield by his side. Percy tried his best not to look at him, feeling awkward seeing his friend in a spandex suit. If Nico or Grover had suddenly turned up wearing that, he would not let them live it down. Not that Grover could right now...

Percy buried his head in his hands and groaned at the sudden thought of Grover. It had been ages since he visited, though Annabeth had been pestering him since that day. Making up his mind, he decided that he would visit once all this blew over - the whole war thing and all. 

"You good?" Steve asked him. 

"Yeah, I'm good."