Chapter 10 - One Cube to Rule Them All

Completely unedited and not proofread (soz).

"What happens if we answer it together?" Percy asked as he glared at the phone. Everyone shrugged.

"Let's try it," Tony suggested, and they all pressed the answer button at the same time.

"Hello?" They asked simultaneously.

"Greetings, I need you to come down to the headquarters," Fury answered them.

"Did you call us on separate phones?" Tony asked suspiciously.

"Yes," Fury replied calmly. "Actually, I just need Percy and Agent Barton to come down." Percy facepalmed and buried himself underneath the cushions, silently shaking with anger.

Clint busied himself with checking his equipment and counting the number of arrows in his quiver. Percy didn't bother to check that Riptide was in his pocket, given that it magically teleports itself there. The pin had the same element, except it would always go to his shirt.

Somehow, Tyson had enhanced it so that no matter what shirt he was wearing, the pin would go to the same place on his chest after around two hours. He just had to be wearing a shirt.

"Come on Percy, we have work to do," Clint called from the elevator. Percy looked at him and sank back onto the couch.

"But why?" he whined as Steve shoved him off towards the elevator. "Why?"

"Because Fury said so," Tony supplied helpfully as he poured himself more wine. "Cheers," he smirked, sitting down and watching the TV.

Pouting, Percy trudged towards the elevator and pressed every single button from their level down. Clint gave him a perplexed look. "What? It delays the time," Percy muttered, causing Clint to sigh in exasperation.

When they finally arrived back at the headquarters, they were running ten minutes late. Not that Percy cared of course. Nick was waiting for them outside with another car to drive them to the next location. When Percy saw the car, he waved his hands in the air.

"I am not going into another car," he declared.

Fury looked at him. "Why not?"

"Because I have ADHD, and I am done with being inside cars!" Percy replied, pointing at the offending car.

"Well do you want to walk?" Fury asked him simply.

"What? No. You're the one who wants me to go, you figure it out," Percy said is if it was the simplest thing in the world.

Fury raised an eyebrow, "So it's my problem now?" he asked.

"Precisely," Percy smirked. Actually, he just wanted to get there in a helicopter. That would be so cool. He saw Fury considering his options, and crossed his fingers hopefully. Eventually, Fury took out his phone and called someone up.

"Hello? It's me, we need the helicopter for this one." Fury said as he massaged his temples. "What? No! The kid doesn't want to go in the car. Okay, see you then," he pocketed the phone and sighed in annoyance.

Percy gave him an innocent look and smiled cheerfully. "Thanks, Nick," he chirped and then ran up to Clint cackling. "Told you I could do it," he crowed, dancing around the cars like he was in some ritual.

Clint looked absolutely stunned, and he gaped at Fury in surprise. "I thought you would just leave him here," he murmured as Percy danced around him in glee. 

"I'm more important than you," Percy sang. Fury gave him a defeated look and rolled his eyes while Clint looked at him like a lost bird. He was muttering something about being an important agent and being better than Percy.