Chapter 25: Spineless

Start from the beginning

            "So, I've finally found you," said a familiar voice that brought shivers down my spine. I turned my head slowly and almost fell out of my chair when I saw Enma around twelve centimeters from my face, but Enma wasn't looking at me. She had eyes only for Sena.

            "W-What do you want?" I asked after a moment and she smiled.

            "I want to know where Kana Kumiko is. She's been under your counterpart's "care" a little too long, don't you think?" Enma replied with a tiny smirk as she took a few steps closer to Sena's side. She held this evil aura about her as she knelt down next to Sena's side and placed her head to Sena's chest and her hand on the middle of Sena's stomach.

            "I don't know why or where my sister was taken. And she's not waking up any time soon," I said as I took a step back.

            If I ran away now, I was sure I could get back to Sasuke. Great. Run away from a bitch and run to an even bigger bitch. Just great. My options suck and my life is filled with moody bitches.

            "She has no heartbeat," Enma whispered as she kept her head firmly on Sena's chest. Her fingers curled into Sena's stomach squeezed. I winced as tiny red dots began to soak through Sena's shirt. The blood dribbled down Enma's fingers, but the woman didn't bat an eyelash. She just kept her head up to Sena's chest.

            "She's clay and bones. It's not surprising," I muttered bitterly.

            "She has a heart, Sana. Your heart, to be exact," Enma clarified with a glare my way. Her eyes were narrow for a couple more seconds before they became peaceful and tranquil. "But it's nothing like yours. Yours beats at hasty rhythms and makes you do things that block out the noise of your brain telling you it's wrong. Sena isn't affected with emotions like that. That's why she's lived with fewer feelings of guilt than you...but also how she's managed to make more mistakes as time progresses...I have to commend her paranoia. She seemed to have thought through almost everything, including a way to bring herself back if she got trapped inside your head..."

            "Yeah... That's all very interesting, really... but I can see where I don't belong, so I'm gonna go... Have 'fun' or whatever," I made a move to leave, but something grabbed the back of my shirt before I could move even a few steps.

            "Sit down. If you make another move to go against me, I will kill her," Enma ordered and I struggled away from her grip.

            "I don't care. Do whatever you want to her. Just let me go!" I shouted.

            "Still a little coward..." Enma simpered a bit as she pushed me away from her, but before I could get far she made sure to grab the dagger from its holster at my side. "But fine. Leave then. Leave knowing that the only person who would ever really understand you is dead." Enma brought the dagger down and moved quicker than I could ever and lowered the dagger to Sena's heart. My eyes widened and I resisted the urge to help, knowing I'd only make it worse. "Don't think that I don't know. You're worst fear is being all alone."