Chapter 1 Andy

It's been six months since what had happened. I decided that I needed time away from everything. I knew that it would hurt Danni but I needed time to think things through. I ended up flying to Europe and doing some exploring. I needed to lose myself and clear my mind from everything. The memories still caused my nightmares and panic attacks. I tried to drown myself in literature like I did four years ago but it wasn't helping. I ended up learning music. Although my shoulder was busted, I still learned to play piano one handed. There was something about music that let me lose myself without any worry. Today I was coming back home.

Ever since Danni's mum died she's been staying with Narla. Graduations coming up and they've been sitting their exams. I've been keeping in touch with Narla to make sure she's okay. She keeps telling me that Danni misses me and that it's affecting her studying. I felt bad that I was affecting her but I needed to do this for myself. I couldn't let her fully in until I understood myself what I was letting her in for.

I walked out of the terminal with my suitcase and bag. I had brought a few things while being over in Europe. I found this necklace that reminded me of Danni. I remembered her saying while we were in the hospital that her favourite animal was a dolphin. The necklace had a little blue dolphin on it.

"Hey stranger," I smiled and walked into Yvette arms.

"You've gotten stronger," she laughed, stepping away from me.

"Getting there," I smiled.

"See you've died your hair," I smirked, taking in her blonde hair.

"Wanted a change," She shrugged.

"Looks good on you,"

"Why thank you," she bowed. She had it in the same style when we first met.

"So how's things?" I asked her, walking out of the airport.

"Good, dad's business is booming! He's been nagging me and asking when you're coming back. He needs more designs,"

"Wow, Im flattered," I laughed.

"The coffee shops been busier too. Danni and Narla started working for me,"

"How are they?"

"Well I have an announcement," Yvette clapped.

"I'm listening," she stopped me and smiled.

"I finally convinced Narla to date me,"

"That's great," I smiled and hi-fived her.

"I know and we have our first date tomorrow night,"

"I'm happy for you,"

"Thanks," she smirked.

"How's Danni?" I asked, feeling the cold autumn breeze on my cheeks.

"She's getting there. She's been quite distant from all of us. She's defiantly still struggling with everything that's happened,"

"It would be hard,"

"She kept saying that she missed you,"

"I missed her,"

"Yet you left her to travel Europe,"

"I needed to clear my head,"

"Did it work?" She asked, putting my things in her car.

"I guess,"

"Well Danni went into her final exam today and she was pretty nervous,"

"When's she get out?" I asked, looking at my watch.

"Three?"

"We have time,"

"You want to surprise her?"

"Yes," I smiled, climbing into the car.

"Do you still like her?"

"Yeah," I replied, putting my seatbelt on.

"Are you going to ask her out?"

"I don't know, things are still complicated,"

"You have to realise that she's good for you Andy,"

"I know but I just don't want to ruin-"

"You won't. She really likes you. She probably loves you but after you left she was heartbroken,"

"Now I feel aweful," I sighed, leaning back in my chair.

"She got through it though," I nodded.

"So how long till your shoulders good?"

"Three weeks,"

"Thank god because dad needs your hands in the shop,"

"Of course he does," I laughed, looking at the familiar houses.

"Thanks for letting me live with you by the way,"

"It's fine, you can't expect to live with your dad forever,"

"True that," she laughed.

"Did the piano come?"

"Yes and it was a pain in the ass to get inside. Why a piano?"

"I learnt to play when I was in Italy,"

"No freaking way," Yvette laughed.

"You're full of surprises Andy,"

"Something like that," I mumbled, looking at the school. I didn't have exams to sit so it didn't matter that I went travelling. We climbed out of the car and made our way towards the school.

"Where did you go in Europe?"

"I travelled Spain, France, Italy and Belgium,"

"In six months?"

"Yes," I laughed, leaning against the school gate.

"Did you learn any languages?"

"Not really but I picked up a few things,"

"Did you get me anything?"

"Of course," I laughed, watching people come out of the doors. I felt my heart stop when I saw Danni walking out. She was as beautiful as I remembered. I swallowed the lump in my throat and walked towards her. She hadn't noticed me but when she looked up her jaw dropped.

"Andy," she breathed.

"Hey Danni," I smiled. She smiled and ran into my arms. I held her into me. Her smell of coconut becoming familiar to me again. I held her out at arms length. She hadn't changed much. She cut her hair shorter though so it just went past her shoulders. I smiled at her. She was still so beautiful.

"I didn't know-"

"I wanted to surprise you," I smiled. A blush fell on her cheeks.

"How was Europe?" She asked, tucking her hair behind her ear.

"Amazing," I laughed. She had a smile on her face but I could tell it was forced.

"How were your exams?" I asked, walking with her towards Yvette.

"Hard but I got through them all luckily,"

"I'm proud of you," she smiled.

"Shall we celebrate the end of exams?" Yvette asked.

"I think we should,"

"Lets go get Narla and celebrate then," Yvette cheered, climbing into the car. I slipped into the drivers seat while Danni in the back. I wasn't a drinker so I knew I'd be the designated driver tonight.