Chapter 3

-Alice's P.O.V.-

     "Augustine!" I called out running towards my brother. I missed him so much and I couldn't wait for him to meet my other two pokemon I have since he dropped me off with Es. That's right I caught another pokemon since my gym battle. My brother turned around and smiled when he saw me. "Alice, ma petite soeur, I missed you," he said as I ran into his arms. I hugged him tightly and he hugged me tightly back. "It's only been a couple of days," I said as he ruffled my hair. "I know but I'm going to miss you more when you leave for the rest of the journey because it'll take you a while," he said. I was so much shorter than him so I only went to his chest. He smiled down at me and messed my hair up. I giggled and growled a little at the same time and I fixed my hair. I pushed him away and sat down on one of the chairs he had in his office part of the lab. "Oh before I forget, meet my new pokemon," I said releasing Bogey and my new Ralts (that I named Star). He smiled big at me and my pokemon jumped up onto my lap making me laugh. "You caught a pidgey and a ralts," he said. I nodded and looked around. "Where's Phoebe and Garchomp?" I asked.

     He looked around as well and cocked an eyebrow. "They should be around here somewhere, but knowing those two fauteurs de troubles, they're probably getting into trouble somewhere in the lab," he said. I furrowed my eyebrows and held my three pokemon close to me. "Aaaaallllllliiiiiiccccccceeeeee!!" I heard a soft girly voice yell. I looked at where the voice came from and smiled big when I saw Phoebe and Garchomp running towards me. "Phoebe! Garchomp!" I yelled a little back. Star jumped off my lap and Bogey jumped onto my other shoulder that Es wasn't on. I got up and ran to them. I hugged Garchomp since he was the first one that got to me and afterwards Phoebe jumped into my arms. " We missedd you Alice," Garchomp said. "I missed you guys too," I said smiling. 

     Star came over and I put Bogey down next to her. "Phoebe, Garchomp, meet Star and Bogey," I said smiling. All four introduced themselves to each other and smiled as I turned back around. Once I did I saw Calem and Shauna there smiling at me. "Well since there's three of you guys here why don't we have a battle?" Augustine asked us. We all agreed and decided that it was going to be Augustine and I against each other and then Shauna and Calem against each other. Augstine pulled out a pokeball and I let Es down. I smirked at him and the battle begins.

------------------------------------

     I defeated his last pokemon (a bulbasaur) and smiled at him brightly. "I have to say, you haave grown a lot Alice," he said. I nodded and put Bogey back into his ball. "So which one do you want?" he asked. I looked at him confused and cocked my head. "What do you mean?" I asked. I gestured to the three pokeballs he just healed up. "Which one do you want?" he asked again but this time releasing all three Kanto starters. I looked at all three of them and thought about it. "Hmmm, I want Squirtle," I said walking up to it and picking it up. I held him close and it cheered. "Yay you picked me!" he cheered. I giggled at him and kissed the top of his head. "Of course I picked you," I said. He looked shocked at me which just made me smile more. 

     We heard some people come in and I turned around to see Serena, Trevor, and Tireno. Since we were all here now my brother started his thing he always talks about every year. I already knew it so I just sat on the ground playing with my new pokemon, Es, and Phoebe. Garchomp was by me just keeping an eye out on us until he finally decided to sit down. "What should we call you?" I whispered. We thought about it for a little bit until Garchomp came up with Blast. We liked the name so we just went with that. I held Blast close to me while Es sat on my shoulder and Garchomp and Phoebe smiled at me. "Alice we're leaving now," I heard Trevor say. I looked up to see only Trevor and Tireno still here. I nodded and stood up and put Blast in his pokeball. "Alice before you go, I must give you something," Augustine said. I nodded again and giggled a little when Phoebe fixed my bow she put in my hair when I first started my journey. 

     "We'll wait for you outside," Tireno said. They went downstairs and I faced my brother. "I forgot to give you this when you picked squirtle," he said handing me something. I looked at what he gave me and my eyes widened. It was Blastoisinte for when Blast evolves into a Blastoise. I looked up at him and he chuckled. "Don't ask how I managed to get that," he said. I cocked my eyebrow at him. "I didn't steal it or anything," he said sweatdropping. I rolled my eyes and gave him a huge ass hug. He hugged me back and sighed. "It's going to be weird not having you around Alice," he said. "It's gonna be weird not being home," I chuckled. I felt Garchomp pull me away and give me a huge hug as well nearly crushing me. "Please come visit us when you're back in Lumiose City," he said. I giggled a little and slipped out of his arms. "I promise I'll come visit," I said. I picked Phoebe up and carried her downstairs with me so I got to spend more time with her while Garchomp and Augustine followed. 

     When we got downstairs I put Phoebe down and she clung to me leg. I chuckled and fluffed her fur up. "Can I please come with you, I won't be part of your party or anything," she asked. I looked at Augustine and he shrugged. "I don't see why not," he said. We both cheered which made both my brother and his Garchomp laugh. "Well it's been a while Alice," I heard someone say behind me. I turned around and saw Lysandre. I gasped a little and smiled a little. "You two look so much a like, it's actually quiet funny," he said. I hugged him and he picked me up easily. "And you've gotten so tall," I said. It had been a couple of years because he's been working on something, I'm not sure yet though. We talked a little but Es and Phoebe started getting really impatient so I had to leave. "Alice," Lysandre started before I left, "What was that game that and the others used to play?" I thought for a moment trying to remember. "Oh it was like a final destination type of game. Except it had no death, just a bunch of injury. But like we would see who could get the furthest and 'strongest' without being hurt or killed," I said, "Now that I think of it though, that was a pretty terrible and violent game for us as children." 

     He suggested that we play it again and I told him that I'd talk to the others about it. I doubt they'll want to play it though, especially since we all said that we won't play a game while on the journey. We wanted to be serious about this and become strong. After we all we've been dreaming of this day since we were little. I walked out of the lab to find Calem waiting for me outside instead of Trevor and Tireno. "Hey I wanted you to come to this café with me," he said leaning up against a tree. I cocked an eyebrow and rolled my eyes. "Let me guess it's the one Diantha goes to?" I asked. He nodded and I sighed walking up to him. "Why don't you take Serena instead and leave me alone?" I asked coldly. 

     He was taken back and so was I. I never act like that or even talk like that, Calem is my best friend. Lysandre came outside and smiled at me. "Oh Alice good you're still here, I wanted to give you this before you go," he said handing me a box. I opened it to find a new robotic arm. I looked at it and saw Clemont's logo he does when he makes me something on one of the parts. I smiled big at it and thanked him. "I designed it myself and asked Clemont to make it. At first he didn't want to until I told him that it was for you then he agreed in a heart beat," he said. "Here I'll help you change arms out," Calem said. I took my glove off and dislocated the robotic arm I had on. Lysandre took it and Calem grabbed the new arm. I helped him guide it through the sleeve and connected it to where the old one was. 

     This one was lighter and seemed more durable than my old one. It was smaller but I didn't mind, mainly because it was about the same size as my actual arm. Phoebe looked at me and cheered and Es quickly joined it. I giggled at the two of them cheering and Phoebe telling me how happy she is that I finally got a new arm. I thanked Lysandre again but as soon as I turned around he was gone. I turned back to Calem and we both shrugged. "So will you come to the café with me?" he asked again. I sighed and nodded. "Let's go," I mumbled picking Es up off Phoebe and onto my shoulder, "Come on Phoebe." She walked beside me happily and Calem walked on the other side of me. We walked down the side walk to the café that I grew up going with Diantha to whenever she would come visit. 

     It looked like any other café in the city but it was a little nicer on the inside. We walked inside and I saw Lysandre and Diantha talking. Lysandre walked away and walked up to Calem and I. He didn't even really acknowledge us either, he just walked past us. Calem and I looked at each other again and shrugged once more. "Alice it's been a while since I've seen you," Diantha said while we walked up to her. I agreed and we hugged. "I keep forgetting you know a lot of people," Calem said rubbing the back of his neck. I shrugged and smiled at Diantha. We talked a little bit and it perked my interest a lot when she made the comment about Lysandre wanting a beautiful world and how he needs to be careful with that. I kept that  in the back of my mind, when in reality I really shouldn't have. I should've taken it as a warning, but I didn't. That was the biggest mistake I had made back then.