Ch.14

She could feel the very essence of the children grown closer to her with every passing second. It was though they were crying out to her, begging to be saved from their imprisonment.

Soon off in the distance she saw the manor from her very vision off in the distance. She let out a scream that could be that of an animals as she grew closer and closer with each second feeling like an eternity till she reached the very doors.

She burst through the doors allowing herself to be picked up by her wings and flying towards where the children were.

The room it was filled with their souls.

She dropped to the ground feeling as though her body was being touched by a thousand cold hands. Her cries filling the room with all that was left in her body.

"Sebastian, what is happening to her?" Ciel choked out from the demons grasp.

"Fairies can feel the presence of children who have passed on. Their souls are in this building and cannot be released. As a result any fairy in this world can feel the children's pain ten fold, my lord." Sebastian explained as they stood in front of the sobbing fairy.

Ciel slowly walked toward her kneeling in front of her. Her hand shot out grabbing his arm shocking him as she looked at him with eyes bloodshot and tears falling into puddles below her.

"T-they were here!! All along" she sobbed letting her head drop once more.

"Who...did this?.." She whispered "I need to know..."

"The circus. They were puppets of the doctor who used some of the children for their very prosthetics. A majority of the circus members were offed by my servants" Ciel said letting his arms wrap around her shaking body as she let out a heart broken cry. She glared at the body of the slumped old man and his very body combusted into flames shocking even the demon.

They say that heartbreak is the worst pain ever.

But the heartbreak of a fairy could kill not only the fairy but those around them.

It was as though a wave of pain shout out for Ciel felt tears pour down his face along with Sebastian who let out a soft gasp.

"Allow them to cross over to my world...please...then dispose of this very place. I want it to burn just like that filthy man" her tone was cold as ice as she glared at the old mans ash body. Ciel looked back at his butler who nodded.

She slowly stood with the assistance of the earl. She closed her eyes letting her head fall back and felt the hands of the children grasp her own two hands. Her eyes closed and she sucked in a deep breath.

They were all orphans, dressed in dirty rags and most were covered in dirt and had hollow faces showing they had not eaten in months. Some were barely the age of five others were ten or eleven.

Nonetheless they were all sorrowful. Their voices were scared asking her who she was where they were.

She let out a silent hush and the children were put at ease as she held her arm out to her home. Forest for miles on end shinned with wisps of all colors that slowly floated above or around the children who watched with bright curiosity eyes.

Her people slowly flew down from the trees or walked out of their homes eyeing the children with warm gazes.

"You do not have to be frightened" Butterlfy said to the children who hid behind her.

She turned and knelt before them.

She held the hand of a little girl giving her a warm smile.

"You are all safe now, you will no longer be in pain. We will be your family now. You are all finally home" Butterfly said watching the faces of the children light up. They all crowded around her hugging her as best as they could.

"Thank you"

Butterfly felt her eyes peel open seeing they were outside. The smell of smoke filled her nose and the night air cooled down her body which was shaking very lightly.

"They are at peace" she whispered with a dazed smile, her eyes half lidded as she took this time to gather her thoughts. Kai and Cain must be off bickering somewhere....now who will end their arguments?

Her smile disappeared seeing a horse trotting towards them holding

"Freckles" she whispered.

She watched as her lover sharply stopped the horse and ran towards the trio. Butterfly quickly turned her head so it was buried in Ciel's coat while she was hidden within her own fur lined coat.

"Smiles! Butterfly what has happened!!?" Freckles cried out. Neither responded only Ciel gave Freckles a cold glare.

"Butterfly why won't you talk to me" her voice cracked "love it's me, I'm here!"

"You knew about this didn't you?" Butterfly whispered.

Freckles felt as though she couldn't breathe and quickly averted her eyes from Butterflies broken ones. They no longer lit up like they used to when she would kiss her lips. Even her wings looked as though they were dead, they were dull of color and limp.

Ciel gently placed Butterfly on the ground watching her limp towards Freckles.

"Every night you were gone. I suffer. Those coughing fits and dizzy spells were because of THIS." her voice cracked not fazed by Freckles watering eyes.

"I never killed them, I could never bring myself to take their lives when they had nothing. I only took them..." Freckles confessed. Her head turned sharply as Butterfly struck her.

"Those children...are the very reason why I am alive. It is because of them that my people exist!!" Butterfly shouted "you betrayed me!! I loved you and them! You were all my family!! Was your love to me a lie as well?! Was it?!" She screamed her voice going hoarse. She dropped to her knees shaking her head.

"We were suppose to go to so many wonderful places...we were gonna see the world together perform for years on end....." Butterfly said in a broke tone. Freckles slowly knelt before her grasping her hands.

"My love for you was never a lie" Freckles whispered "the very second we found you I knew I had to get you away from all this darkness. I planned for us to run away some place far from here over the sea. I never wanted a single thing to do with any of this, but I had no choice..."

Butterfly slowly gazed up at Freckles her hair was pushed aside revealing her scarred eye and other eye filled with tears that fell down her cheeks.

"If you wish it Madam, I can have this murderer disposed of right now if you simply say the words" Sebastian cut in glaring down at Freckles with ruby eyes that scared her into silence.

Butterfly shook her head "I love her too much to lose her as well." Butterfly whispered allowing Freckles to hold her to her chest.

"Instead I'll let her suffer alive.." Butterfly whispered softly so that only Sebastian and Ciel heard. The two smirked together watching as she allowed Freckles to place kisses all over her head.

She truly is a force to be reckoned with.