Ch.12

Kai sat in front of the vanity brushing out his red hair as he stared at the multiple pictures of Butterfly tucked away and stuck around the mirror some with little drown on hearts or his face attached to them sloppily.

"How does that little brat manage to get more dance time with my butterfly when he's barely danced a day?!! I've been dancing since the day I walked and I've yet to have a single moment with her" Cain hissed pacing back and forth barking like a dog.

"Will you call down, at this rate you'll lose all your hair and ruin your health while your stressing over one boy" Kai huffs as he braided his hair.

"Don't act as though you aren't upset as well surely you want to do something regarding that boy?" Cain snapped back at him.

"Believe me I would love nothing more then to personally end that boy just to have Butterfly to myself and protect her from his true intentions, but what can we do ? If we lay a hand on that boy she'll have us thrown out" Kai sighed letting his braid fall down his back.

"What can't we do?" Cain challenged his eyes narrowed as his eyes watching them lightly glow in the mirror "we have a fairy on our side why not turn her against the boy?" Cain mumbled licking his bottom lip letting his finger brush over one of her photos as he let his arms wrap around Kai's shoulders.

"We're performers, so we must handle this like professionals" Kai mumbled placing his hand on top of Cain's arm.

"Are you quite sure this is tight enough maybe we should tighten it just a bit more?!" Smiles yelled up at Freckles show was tugging at a long aerial silk chained to the center of the big top.

"Yup m' sure! 'Ave a go at it m'lady" Freckles called sliding down the long silk.

"Oh thank you both" Butterfly said skipping up to Freckles pecking her cheek making a giant grin spread across her face making her look like a fool.

She wrapped the silk around her hand twice and began pulling herself up. Slowly she began to twist among the silk ropes so that she was twirling sideways.

"So what exactly is she planning on doing?" Smiles asked as he and Freckles began to work on setting up other props with the help of some other stagehands

"Well she says it's called aerial silk performin' but I've never heard of it before, must be some sort o' new performing from over seas" Freckles said looking up in thought.

"Sounds dangerous how does she expect us to learn it?" Smiles gulped watching Butterfly do a half split up in the wraps of the rope. Sure Kai or Cain can't understand so these tricks after all the two were professional dancers their flexibility was a force to be reckoned with.

Poor Smiles on the other hand? The poor boy could hardly touch his toes and Doll's assistance with the boys training only helped him so little much.

"Well we don't perform in another two days you should be able to learn it until then you did make it pass her auditions and hers are more difficult then the first few ones ya did" Freckles said raising an eyebrow at him

"W-well yes but that's something completely different" Smiles said pointing at Butterfly who was hanging upside down, her legs went into a split and she was stretching her arms out she waved down at the two and they both waved back.

She pulled herself up and slid down so she was sitting in the silk much like a swing.

"I think I'm getting the hang of this!! This isn't so bad after all" Butterfly called getting out of a contorted position "now just how exactly do I get down? I think my wings are a bit tied up?!"

The two sweat dropped at her and ran to her quickly getting her down before she slipped out the wrong way and hurt herself again.

"I guess I'll just have to stick to some thing more simple this time then" Butterfly sighed as Freckles placed an ice pack on her sore back muscle near where her wings were embedded. As Smiles watched he couldn't help but let his eyes linger on her wings which were limp behind her exposed back twitching once in a while.

"I'm going off for a quick wash I'll be seeing you both early tomorrow in case I get stuck again" Butterfly said pecking Freckles cheek and walking off to her tent. Freckles let out a small sigh rubbing the spot with the same dumb struck look from before.

"You're quite smitten" Smiles pointed out with a raised eyebrow.

"Who couldn't be the girl is a true beaut, the very sight of her makes my heart give out" Freckles cooed with blushing cheeks.

"Have you known her for long?"

"Long enough yes. A few months now but I feel like I've known 'er for years now" Frekcles smiled "the sooner I make enough money the sooner I'll get out of this circus and find us a place together. Somewhere just for the two of us"

Smiles raised an eyebrow "Oh really? And if she wants to stay?"

"Then I'll stay with her. Wherever she goes I follow"

Something was going to happen. Butterfly could feel it in her bones, in her very spirit. As she sat outside looking up st the sky she closed her eyes.

They were weak. Her people were slowly dropping one by one.

The children were under attack and she needed to put an end to it once and for all.

Just as she stood a pain shot through her chest and she felt as though something was crawling up her throat and clawing its way out her chest. She hunched over coughing until finally whatever wanted out of her body fluttered to the ground.

Flowers

Pure white flowers