Ch.9

Cain and Kai walked on either side of the elephant which was carrying Doll and their precious Butterfly in case either one of them needed to get down or happened to accidentally slip off. The twins were messing with Marius who scolded the teens most of the time. They had been traveling for half the day so the sun had began to set causing the temperature to drop very low, and a slight breeze came bye very once in a while followed by snow to fall down from the dark gray skies.

"Alright we'll set up a quick camp 'ere for the night! Men head out to gather up some fire wood!" Joker called stopping the entire group.

"Lady Butterfly do ya need 'elp getting down from there?" Kai called up holding his arms out.

"Yes please! My wings are frozen stiff almost" Butterfly called, her voice quivering from the chills up her spine. Butterfly slipped off falling into Cain's outstretched arms nuzzling him in the process.

"Thank you Cain!" She chirped, pecked his cold red cheek, and hopped out his arms. Kai jogged over puffing out his cheeks which were almost as red as his snow covered hair.

"Oy how come I don't get a smooch Lady Butterfly!" She waltzed over grabbing his chin and leaning close so her cold breath brushed across his frozen cheeks.

"Cause good boys get rewarded not naughty boys" Kai fell back into the snow squirming around with a trickling nose bleed.

"Oh lady Butterfly I simply adore when you get stern with me! Punish me! Yell at me even more my lady!" Kai says rubbing his arms all over his body with a blush as red as his own hair and closed eyes as his thoughts started to get a bit...perverted...

"Shut up ya perverted cherry head ye ain't worthy to touch m'lady's fair skin!" Cain scolded stomping Kai's face into the snow.

"Idiots" Freckles cut in the two fighting boys attention. She crossed her arms glaring down at the childish boys.

"Go collect fire wood before Butterfly freezes her wings off" She ordered in her usual cold tone and glared down at the twins who straightened up "you two go help carry them".

"Y-yes ma'am!" They ran off with the men swinging axes over there shoulders.
Freckles chuckled silently shaking her she goes to wrap her arm around Butterfly only to see her gone off somewhere.

"Black! Smiles!" Freckles calls to the men carrying crates of tents "have you seen Butterfly?" She asks.

"I though she was with you or Cain and Kai" Smiles asked.

"I think I saw her go into the woods should I go fetch her?" Freckles hesitated then nodded her head.

"But Im coming too" she demanded taking the lead walking into the forest. They walked by as few men chopping trees into logs to carry back, but still no sign of Butterfly.

"I think she's over there!" Smiles called pointing to a faint glow from some pine trees, and walking over with Black by his side.

"Butterfly! Why did you wander off like that you could catch a cold out here" Butterfly stood up pointing to the hole in the tree.

"What is i-" Freckles eyes widened at the tiny airy blue creature curled up in a pile of leaves of the tree. It seemed to be wounded or sick due to its bright light dimming every so often.

"What is that?"

"Is it another fairy?" Black inquired.

"No, it's a wisp" Butterfly stated reaching into the tree, scooping up the tiny creature she holds it close to her body as though it were a baby infant.

"A wisp?" Black and Smiles asked in unison.

"Mhm , naughty little thing must have hurt himself causing trouble" Butterfly cooed at the wisp who chirped cuddling into the warmth of her cloak as they slowly walked back to camp.

"Ah there 'ee are! Where'd ya run off ta Butterfly?" Joker chuckled standing from the bright crackling fire.

"I heard this wisp calling out to me, poor things ill from the weather" Butterfly explained.
Joker leaned in and his eyes widened in curiosity at the shy blue creature that buried itself  into Butterfly's pocket.

"I though' they led travelers off path?" Joker asked tilting his head.

"They do, but this one must've found trouble himself" she giggles scooping the wisp into her hands letting it cuddle against her cheek.

"Will you keep it?" Butterfly asks.

"Perhaps, for all we know this one could lead us to good fortune" Butterfly hummed sitting by the fire watching the wisp float about giving off a calming glow.