Friends

There are already a bunch of people at the game tailgating.
Lots of crazy high school boys are running around for what ever reason. People are taking pictures, probably to post on social media because the whole world needs to know that they came to a football game with their friends. I'm going to be honest, I would have done the same thing.
Tyler turns off the car and gets out, I do the same thing.
"Thanks for picking me up Ty." I say.
"No problem bud" he says "you can probably go to the student section right now if you want. I have to go get changed then go down to the field for practice"
"Okay, thanks"
We walk up to the gates and part ways, Tyler goes inside and I go to the gate.
                              •••
   The game started twenty minutes ago. I'm standing at the very top end of the student section minding my own business. I'm probably going to go to the concession stand because I haven't eaten since noon, and it's almost 7:30. Watching my brother practice wasn't too bad.
   The one thing that's different about my brother and me is that he never has to worry about not fitting in, or not having any one to talk to. He has way too many friends. I can't keep track of them. 
I have two close friends who can never stick to their plans. I've invited them over way too many times, they usually just leave me in read. This was the first time they've cancelled plans 10 minutes before they were supposed to happen. It's okay though, I bet they just asked their parents last minute or something
  I walk up the last two steps of the bleachers and make my way to the concessions.
"Hi!" The lady at the concession stand says to me.
"Hi, can I have a piece of pizza?" I ask.
"Sure that'll be 3 dollars"
"Okay" I say pulling the money out of my wallet.
"Thank you" I say and smile as the lady hands me my change and gives me my food.
I walk back to the bleachers and see a group of people in the spot I was standing. I'd move some where else but the only spot in my grade thats left is in between the big group of people. So I decide that I'm going to make friends.
"Hey, um can I stand with you guys?" I ask nervously.
"Sure" this boy with a yellow bandana in his blonde hair said smiling.
"Thanks" I say and walk over to the place he said I could stand.
I look around to see if there's anyone I can introduce my self to that isn't obnoxiously popular. I don't know why, they just scare me.
I see a girl with dark brown hair who I haven't seen before. I think I'll try to be her friend.
"Hi, I'm Abigail" I say as she looks at me.
"Hi" She smiles "I'm Mackenzie"
"Nice to meet you!" I say "are you new? I haven't seen you before"
"Yeah, I'm new this year."
"Thats cool, I was just asking because I wasn't here last year either" I explained "I did inline full time last year"
"That's really cool. When I moved here my parents gave me that option, but I decided against it, so I could make friends."
As she finished what she was saying the crowd starts cheering loudly, watching one of our football players run down the field and score a touchdown down. We were now 14-6. We've lost our last 2 games 31-0 so this is a big deal.
                         •••
I talked to Mackenzie and some of her friends. I found out the boy with the bandannas name was Josh. That's what I thought it was but I wasn't sure.
Turns out Josh's older brother, Jackson is also on the varsity team. They're like the only juniors on the team.
  Once the game is finished Josh and I have to stay back while the rest of the group we were talking to gets to leave. We stand by the concession stand and wait for our brothers to meet us there.
"I heard you did online school last year? How was it?" Josh asks
"It was fine, I missed socializing though" I explain.
"Yeah, I can see that. Talking is fun"
Josh is one of the popular kids that always gets in trouble for talking while the teacher is talking, I already knew that he liked to talk.
We talk for a little while longer until I see my brother walking up.
"Hey, did you have fun" Tyler asks me.
"Yeah, thanks for picking me up" I thank him, Tyler is staring at me, he looks like he's waiting for me to tell him something. Then I remember Josh is standing next to me "Oh sorry. This is Josh"
"Hi" Josh says as his brother is walking up.
Jackson runs up behind Tyler and pats him on the back.
"Good job tonight! We crushed them" Jackson says.
"Thanks, you too dude"
"Yeah good job guys" Josh says.
"We better get going" Tyler say's "Mom and dad are probably wondering where we are."
"Okay" I say.
"Bye guys" Tyler says.
"Bye" I say to Josh and Jackson.
"Bye" they say, a couple of seconds apart.