Chapter 22

Kyoya's eyes widen and he steps back, putting one hand over his mouth. I slowly step forward, feeling nervous and shakey, something I hadn't felt in at least a century or so. My knees felt weak but I take another step forward. I close the door behind me when I'm far enough in. Suddenly I drop to my knees, my legs giving out. "Willow what are you doing..?"

"Don't marry her.." I slowly pick myself up. "Your marriage will be a scam." I hold onto the wall. "She'll marry you, divorce you, and take your money."

He steps back again. "What are you talking about?" His tone expressed anger. "You're lying. What's your game?"

"Why would I lie to you about this?" I take one more step. "What would I gain? I just care about you, you idiot." I get a little louder, stepping forward. "I love you.." I look at the floor when I say it. "I was gonna tell you the night of the dance. But I walked in on you two, and my heart shattered." He backs up as I take another step forward. "A feeling I haven't felt since Nicolas was killed."

"This is a joke." He steps back into the coffee table. I get closer to him until I'm right in front of him, shaking my head.

"I love you." I kiss him softly, closing my eyes. After a moment, I feel him relax and wrap his arms around my waist. I soon pull away and we're both smiling.

I cup his cheek and look into his eyes. "Wait... What about Kaoru? Doesn't matter right now." I pull me against him and hugs me. I smile and he pulls away, bending down so that we're at eye level. "How exactly did you find all of this out?" I explain everything and he sighs, pushing up his glasses. "I see. Well, tonight I'll do some research of my own and show my father tomorrow." He takes my hand. "Would you like to stay here tonight?" I shake my head.

"I've got to figure out how to handle Kaoru." I sigh. "I can't break his heart." I bite my thumbnail. "Especially not while we're in the same club together." I kiss his cheek. "I'll see you tomorrow." He nods and I leave through the window. Forgetting. My. Coat. Damn.

I wrap my arms around myself as much as possible and walk home. I go to my room and fall onto my bed.

Italy 1376

I pull my hood up and exit the front door Nicolas' and I's small house. We lived just outside of city limits and it was quite woodsy. I start heading for town, stopping when I hear a stick crack I assume was about 20 feet away. After a moment or so, I feel two muscular arms wrap around me and I flip the person onto the ground. It was Nicolas and gets up and starts laughing. "I hate when you do that," I sigh, adjusting my cloak.

We continue walking and he takes my hand. "I know but it's still funny." I roll my eyes and squeeze his hand, smiling. "What are we heading to town for?"

"Dinner. We need flour and some vegetables." I look at him as we get to town.

"No one is gonna be open this late. Except for an inn. We could eat out."

I smile and nod. "Sure." We head to the inn and get some stew.

We eat and talk until going home. I hang my cloak up on the hook once we're inside. I get dressed in my night gown and he gets dressed in his night wear. He kisses me deeply and pulls me onto the bed with him, pulling the covers over us and taking my hand. "What would you do if anything were to happen to me?" He asks and I frown.

"I don't even want to talk about that.." I get upset and he squeezes my hand.

"Just know, I would want you to move on."

"Stop!" I sit up in bed and he sits up as well, pulling me close to him and stroking my hair.

"I'm done, I'm sorry.." He sighs and kisses my cheek. We lay back down and we both fall asleep.

-------
The song is what I thought about during the Kyoya and Willow scene