Chapter 13

Kyoya P.O.V.

I cleared my throat and quickly knocked on the door of Willow's apartment. Stefan opens it dressed in a suit. "Kyoya, right? Willow's not here. Is there a message you'd like me to deliver?"

"Oh, no. I actually came to talk to you if you have a minute." I look him in the eyes. He sighs.

"Willow will kill me if she finds out, but come on in," He leads me inside. "So, what did you need to talk about, Ohtori?" I laugh a little.

"Your sister calls me that. Well, along with some other unpleasant things." Stefan laughs and nods.

"I know. She's constantly talking about you. Can't say she says positive things though. Although, you didn't hear this from me, but I think she likes you. But, anyway. What did you need to talk about?" I nod.

"Is there anyway to get Willow to open up? At least a little?" Stefan sighs, running his hand through his hair.

"Look, kid. Willow is fragile. She's only opened up to four people within 675 years. Haruhi, her old best friend, her dead husband, and I. Not even our oldest brother, and they were very close. So if she opens up to you and you do her wrong, she might actually kill you, and know this," He gets close to me. "I won't stop her." I nod. "If she won't open up to you, vodka. That is the key to her lock." He checks his watch. "I should get going. I'll see you later kid." I nod and thank him, walking out.

Willow P.O.V

Sitting out side on a bench in the court yard, reading, Kaoru came and sat next to me. "Hey pretty lady, what are you reading?" I laugh a little.

"Stalkers guide 101." He gives me a strange look and I smile. "Trying to track someone down." He nods and laughs a little. "So what's up? I'm assuming you didn't just come over to ask what I was reading." I noticed a slightly blush form across his cheeks.

"I-I was wondering if you'd like to get dinner tonight?" I sigh and close my book.

"Koaru, I-" He puts his hand up to stop me.

"Before you say no, you should know it's just as friends. Can't two friends go and enjoy dinner?" I look at him and I could see it in his eyes that he was begging.

"Fine." He smiles really wide and jumps up. "We can leave for dinner when the host club is over. Speaking of which, we should probably head that way. You go. I'll catch up." I start rummaging through my bag.

Kyoya P.O.V.

While setting up for the ladies, Kaoru burst through the double doors very quickly with a huge smile. "I've got a date! Willow said yes!" I was taken back with many feelings, but my face didn't change expressions. "Well, it's not exactly a date..We're going to dinner as friends," Queue sigh of relief. "But it may go somewhere!" Never mind.

Kaoru P.O.V.

A couple minutes later, Willow comes running in. She stops in her tracks, as her and Kyoya look into each others eyes. I felt something I've never felt before until now. I was jealous. I put my arm around her. "Excited for tonight?" I ask, sending a quick glare Kyoya's way.

Hikaru P.O.V.

"Yeah.." Willow sighed, walking away from Kaoru and over to Haruhi. Her voice showed no enthusiasm and I knew she wasn't excited. I walk over to my brother, grab his arm, and lead Kaoru out of the room, noticing Willow look this way before we head out.

Willow P.O.V.

"You should know, Kaoru thinks this will pick up and go somewhere." I shake my head.

"I think they're talking about it. Hold on." I move hair behind my ear and listen in, using my super hearing.

"Dude, lay off a little on Willow. I really don't think she wants to go out tonight.."

"What are you talking about, Hikaru?" I felt bad when I heard the disappointment in Kaoru's voice. "Why would she yes if she didn't want to go?"

"To be nice, and in all honesty I don't think it'll go anywhere." I heard rustling of fabric, so I'm assuming Hikaru hugged Kaoru.

"You don't know what you're talking about!" The whole host club heard that, and I could tell he ran off. I slowly walk out from the changing room, Haruhi behind me. I saw that Kyoya, along with Tamaki was gone. I look over to Haruhi as Hikaru walks back in.

"I'm gonna go cancel.." I sigh and run after Kaoru, using his scent to track him. Turning a corner, I run into Kyoya, causing him to fall backwards. "Sorry.." I put my hand out, but he doesn't take it, getting up.

"Why are you in such a rush, Ms. Tremaine?" He dust himself off, his face not readable. "Going to chase after Kaoru?" His face may have been blank, but his tone was bitter. I just glare at him for a moment before I continue running, finally catching up to Kaoru.

He was sitting in the court yard where he had asked me for dinner. "Willow? What are you doing here?" He stands up.

"I'm sorry, Kaoru. I'm cancelling dinner. I know you thought it would go somewhere, but it's best we don't go, because it won't go anywhere. I'm sorry." Kaoru runs off again, to who knows where. I make my way back up to the host club and shrug, walking over to Haruhi. "I don't think he took it very well.."

"She smiles softly. He'll get over it." I nod and sit down on one of the couches. A couple minutes later, I get up as ladies start filing in. Kaoru still wasn't back which pissed off many ladies. Many were pissed off at me, because like in any school, rumors spread.

I move some hair behind my ear. "..slut over there," I saw a short black haired girl look my way. "Was talking to Kaoru in the court yard.." My hearing was distracted by another lady across the room.

"..that's probably why Kaoru ran off.." That was followed by a group of girls waiting for Tamaki saying, "Awe.. Poor Kaoru.." I hadn't realized that I had been squeezing the the handle of the tea cart until I heard a scream, snapping out of it.

One of the ladies at Mori and Hani's table was standing up with a look of shock. Tamaki ran to her side. "What is it princess?" She pointed at a blood bag that must've fallen from my bag. I hear Kyoya snicker behind me as he types away on his laptop. I shoot him a glare. "My sincere apologies, princess. Willow, come clean this up." I nod and grab the bag, putting it in my bag quickly. "Her and the twins were playing a prank." He kisses the girl's hand and she almost faints.

After the ladies had all filed out, Kaoru came in slowly. We all looked over at him. "Willow, can we talk?" I sigh and nod as I walk outside of the room with him. "I'm sorry of how I acted earlier. I know you like someone else, and I respect that." He smiles but I frown.

"Kaoru, what are you talking about? I don't like anyone." He starts laughing.
"Please. I see the way you look at him when you two bicker." I roll my eyes and playfully nudge him before walking back in.

Later that night, when I got home I flopped onto bed, falling asleep the moment my head hit the pillow.

United States 1976

"Well, we're here." Stefan says as we get off the plane from Canada.

"Yeah, no shit, Stefan." I sigh and we get our luggage, making our way to the busses.

"I still think we should've gone back to Washington. It was such a lovely place during this time of year." I roll my eyes, following him to a seat on the bus.

"That's an idiotic idea. Remember, the case of our house being burnt down is still under investigation. Don't know why they won't just give up though." I lean back in my seat. As the bus moves, I hear an old man behind me start snoring. "Would you be mad if I smothered him with a pillow?" Stefan nods.

I smell blood coming from some seats in front of me. I took deep breaths to keep myself from wanting to kill. Because of the feeding frenzies I sometimes get, we had to leave Canada to come here. "Stefan, I-"

"I know.." After a while we go under a tunnel. Just then, Stefan snaps my neck while it's dark.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Too apologize for the sucky chapter, and in case you're having a bad day, up top is a cute picture of a Beluga whale.