SatS - Chapter 9: Screech

Chapter 9: Screech

"Um... how did we end up in this situation again?" Barnes questioned as he ducked from an oncoming sword slash. In response he swung his sword, managing to nick the covered males skin.

"Because people just can't keep their hands to themselves," I said, as I struck out another huntsman.

Mr Spades laughter filled the air behind me

"Just like old times, right Geric?" He said as he blasted away another round of pictures.

Why are they so many? I thought as I continued to analyze the situation.

And where is the mother bird?

I threw a glance at Shadow, who insisted on leading us here, where she rested against the giant eggs protectively as she watched both the sky and any oncoming attacks. But before anyone can come near, they are knocked out by Sensei.

I brought down my next victim and finally found space to breathe as no other came flinging after.

"Was that all of them?" Barns asked as he shook out his shoulder and came to a stand beside me.

His eyes scanned my form as I did his.

Good, no injuries.

"Seems like it," Mr Spade said as he drew his stone to him. "Boy, that was a lot of them. You think there's going to be anymore soon?"

"There's always more..." Sensi muttered, still on high alert as he scanned the area.

"Right," Mr Spade said, uncharacteristically mutely as he joined in scanning the area.

"I still don't get how they found us so quickly!" Barns added, annoyed, as he ducked again.

"We left before them! How did they reach us so fast?"

"And how did they find out our plan?" Mr Spade added as he short his juggling crystal/weapons at the males in question

"Part of me doesn't believe these are Safinas"