SatS - Chapter 9: Screech

Start from the beginning

"Then who could they be?" I asked.

"Well these eggs are quite powerful," Sensei said, looking to them curiously "I can feel their magic from here"

"Magic?" I said with surprise.

"Yes," Shadow said, pulling on my arm. "Magic! Birds Magic!"

"Ah If that is the case makes sense why someone would want them," Mr Spade said, stroking the smooth golden surface of them. There is a hum beneath his palm.

"But why would the mother leave them alone like this then?" Barnes questioned.

"My guess?" Mr Spade said "They are almost going to hatch"

"So she went to get them food," Barnes said with understanding.

"Yes"

"So when do you think th- what's that?" Barnes day, looking confused.

"Whats what?" I questioned.

He pointed over to the hill.

I glanced over squinting to gain sight.

I froze

"More of them..." I whispered with slight disbelief.

"And a whole army," Sensei said, dread slipping into his tone slightly.

We shared a glance.

"What do we do?" Barnes questioned, looking to Sensei.

He hesitated.

"We have to protect the eggs," I said, sternly.

Sensei nodded, his eyes already showing his thoughts going into overdrive as he formulated a plan.

Quickly we all took defensive positions as Sensei shouted out instructions.

"Spade, you keep close to the eggs and levitate your crystals around them"

"Got it"

"Oy, use some of your magic as our second source of defence. Swift and I will be the first line, attacking up close. If anyone escapes our attacks it's up to you to get them"

"Got it," Barnes said, getting serious. A determined gleam sparkled in his eyes as the yellow sheen of his magic spread around him.

"Shadow, you stay close to Mr Spade," I said before Sensei and I moved forward, arrows in my hand and a Sword in Senseis.

"Swift, I want you to release the arrows and take down as much as you can"

"Swift, I had put some spelled arrows in your pack before we left!" Barnes called.

I smirked.

"Spelled?" Sensei questioned.

"Yep, Spelled. Perfect for both long and short distance" I said as I pulled one out. An Explosive one.

Sensei took one look at them and nodded.

"Right, then I guess it is time for you to shoot"

Nodding, I aimed and fired.

Their screams awoke in the air as the explosives went off, managing to take out a rather large portion of their field.

There is a moment of silence on our end.

"Huh..." Sensei said, with a tone of impression.

I smiled.

"You boy, are amazing," Mr Spade said with awe as he watched the scene of panic below.