SatS-Chapter 4: Underwater

Working in conjunction to Inktober I decided I am going to create a story based on the prompts of Inktober, along with the artwork, creating some cohesion of my pieces as well as a tale for you all to read (^_^)

Make sure to check out the other chapters to come — one posting every day of October 2017

Chapter 4: Underwater

"Stop this Seven!" I cried as I tried to pull on their form, but it was impossible with their determination to get to their goal.

"And why should I?" He replied, his bitterness coming through strong.

"Because some part of even you can surely tell this is wrong!" Barnes answered.

Sevens gaze turned to him. This time a glare slipped through strong as he pinpointed him out.

But before he can speak, his mother does.

"Seven," she said, her voice calm and careless as she laid a hand upon his shoulder.

"Enough of this. Get rid of them."

What? I thought as I stilled, watching them.

Seven sighed.

"If that is how it is that."

I watched as he took a deep breath, drawing in his power.

No... I thought as he geared up.

"Start with the girl, child," the witch said with no tone, before turning away, head held high as she joined with the first of her new followers, away from the battle to begin.

No...

Seven's palms lit with the violet hues of his power. His palm lifted towards me, as his eyes met mine, emotionless with his upcoming act.

"Crucify!"

Barnes screamed.

The violet hue of power headed towards me with speed, but I can't move; can't breathe.

This is the man I once trusted with my life. Someone who saved me when I was beaten and hurt. Someone who guided me through my early years before we drew apart, with him setting off on his adventure as I was left behind. Though the stinging pain is there, I can still remember when he would try to make me laugh, as he helped me prove myself in front of the others as strong, how he had done everything in his power to make sure even if he is leaving me behind, I was secure, with a roof over my head and a full stomach every night.