Chapter # 1

Hikaru stepped inside the railway station, and observed her surrounding. She dragged her luggage towards the platform where the train had to arrive. She waited for some minutes, and in the meantime train arrived.

She stepped into the train, it was her first time on the train. She took her seat and looked through the window. The train began to move, there was an old lady sitting on her opposite side, reading newspaper. Hikaru observed the beautiful scenery as the train passed by.

The train stopped at the Hokkaido station. She was wearing a white sweater with red muffler and gloves. She picked up her luggage and moved towards the exit, where she was to wait for someone.

Her attention was diverted when she saw a familiar grey haired man coming towards her. She was first startled but then wondered what if he's the person she's waiting for.

The grey haired man approached her and gave her a gentle smile.

"I hope you didn't face any difficulties during your journey" he said as he took the luggage from her

"Are you fubuki san?" She asked.

On this he chuckled, "Isn't it obvious?"

She gave no expression on which he smiled,
"I didn't know I was this unpopular? Well we should get going." he said as they walked outside. They reached to his car (which was actually a land cruiser)

Hikaru's POV

We reached to his house, there I saw someone standing outside. I wondered who he was, since he looked quite familiar too. Fubuki san read my face and answered my query,

"He's Yukimura, you'd probably know him since he also went through the harsh training of God Eden."

"oh!" Was the only word that could come out of my mouth.

We went inside along with that Yukimura. He kept giving me deadly stares as if I had tried to murder him or something?

We rested on the couch and for a while Fubuki san left us alone. The silence between us was too high. Finally, I decided to speak up.

"Hey, I heard you were also from the God Eden?"

He gave me a quick glance then looked away.

"Yeah, I was"

He didn't talk more due to which the silence fell upon us again. I sighed out loud on which he narrowed his eyes.

"Why fubuki senpai is taking so long?!"

He yelled, standing up from the couch. I remained silent as I didn't know what to say. In some minutes, Fubuki san appeared in the room holding a tray. He put the tray down on the table before us, while handing us a cup of hot cocoa. Then there was some baked potatoes and a bowl of roasted peanuts.
"Yes! My favourite", Yukimura exclaimed with happiness.

"Here Hikaru chan, you should also have some."

Fubuki san offered, I nodded and took some.

The rest of the evening was spend in talking about the volunteering that I actually came here for.

"Yukimura is also volunteering for this" fubuki san told me.

'So that's why he's here?' I wondered.

Fubuki san nodded and it seemed as if he had some kind of power to read people's mind.

"Well, rest enough tonight, because we're going on a long journey tomorrow."

Fubuki san informed as he picked up the dirty dishes left on the table. I offered him my assistance but he refused it politely

"You must be tired, so you should go and rest"

The next morning, me, Yukimura and fubuki san drove towards our destination called as 'little snow village' .