Chapter 3 ~ The Bracelets

Start from the beginning

I had actually thought that we would at least be friends throughout our entire lives. There hadn't been a reason for us not to. We went in the same class and had done so ever since kindergarten. We also lived only a few blocks away from each other, and our parents were close friends since high school.

And even though I had always thought Harry would get famous one day, I never expected to be abandoned by him. I thought our friendship was too deep to be broken, but now I assumed I had been wrong.

"Louis, breakfast is ready and school starts in half an hour!" Mom called from downstairs.

I let out a groan, sitting up in bed and rubbing the sleep and tears from my eyes. Without even glancing at the clock, I got out of bed and strode over to my closet to put on a dark blue polo shirt along with a pair of blue jeans. On my way out of the room, I snatched my dark red beanie from my nightstand, and pulled it over my head so my fringe was sticking out.

"Morning, honey. Sleep well?" Mom smiled warmly at me, placing a plate of bacon and sausages on the table as I stepped into the kitchen.

I sat down across from my sister, Lottie, and turned to my mother. "Um, kind of."

This made a frown appear between mom's eyebrows. "What happened? Don't tell me you had flashbacks about Harry again."

When I didn't answer her, she understood that that was exactly what had happened. "Oh, come here, sweetheart," she cooed, walking over to me.

I wrapped my arms around her, mumbling against her shoulder; "I don't know what to do anymore. He just won't leave my mind no matter how hard I try."

Mom rubbed my back up and down reassuringly. "I'm sure things will get better in time," she soothed.

I pulled away a little, shaking my head. "It's been two years, mom. I don't think I'll ever be able to forget about him."

"You don't have to, sweetheart. I know what you and Harry had was something special, something most people won't experience in their lives. It's hard to let something like that go, especially when you have to do it so drastically."

I forced myself not to let any more tears leave my eyes. I was eighteen years old, and yet here I was, crying over my ex-boyfriend who had been out of my life for two years now. How pathetic. "Harry managed, mom," I reminded her, looking down at the table.

She went quiet then. She knew she could go on and tell me how busy Harry was with his life now, that he just didn't have time for things like contacting me anymore, but I think she knew that was not really much of an excuse. If he wanted to, he would have contacted me.

Thankfully, the silence that had occurred didn't last long because half a minute later, Fizzy entered the kitchen.

"Morning guys," she muttered, sitting down next to Lottie, completely unaware of the silence that had taken place just a minute ago.

"Hello, honey," mom sighed, walking over to kiss her forehead.

"Um, Lou?" Lottie said kind of awkwardly since she'd been there all the time.

"Yeah?" I asked confused.

"Hannah called just before you came downstairs, informing that you don't have go over to hers for school today. She said she'd tried to call you but that you didn't answer. That's why she called me."

Hannah was my new girlfriend. Or well, more like a friend kind of girlfriend. We did kiss and such occasionally, but most of the time we just hung out with each other to have fun. She was really nice and sweet, but I couldn't picture myself being together with her in the future. I liked her, yes, but I didn't love her like I loved Harry.