Chapter 7

Everything was soft, too soft which perfectly matched Levi's standards, just like his bed. And the smell, it was stronger, new yet, familiar to him but somehow he found it calming and safe. He refused to wake up once again, curling like a ball in the heaven of softness. Shutting down the world around him and letting the scent protect him.

Levi woke up again, this time a loud purr was disturbing his sleep. Cracking one eye open, he discovered a black ball of fur near his face. The cat smelt exactly like him since Levi used his own shampoo and soap on the cat.

"Titan," he whispered reaching out for the cat and petting it. The cat's purring was much louder this time, and Levi smiled but it soon turned down. He carefully sat up, pushing the soft blanket off his lap without disturbing the cat, and scanned his surroundings.

He was in someone else's bedroom, the walls were forest green, there was a desk on the right side of the bed and two large open windows above it, a large bookshelf full of books that covered the whole right wall, while on the left side of the room there were guitars. An acoustic, an electric, and a keyboard piano were on the foot of the bed, the wall on this side was full of posters of rock stars and other musical legends. And lastly, there's a short table in the middle of the room and square pillows placed on each side.

Levi could tell that the right side of the wall was for academic stuff and the left side was for hobbies. Instead of feeling uncomfortable with his new surroundings, Levi found it calming and safe but that didn't answer any of his questions in mind. "What the- Where am I?"

At that very moment, the door opened, revealing Eren with a tray of biscuits and a teapot. "Welcome to my house, Levi! Or welcome to my room? Anyway, How are you feeling?"

"What?! How?!" Levi panicked.

"You fainted in the vet's restroom. Good thing the vet's wife told me, she said that you got overheat."

Overheat? That's impossible! Levi never went to overheat. His suppressants were working very well to suppress his heat without any side effects like overheat. Overheats only happened to mated pairs, when their partner was not around and they were forced to use suppressants when their heats came. On the first day the heat struck, the body was too hormonal for the drug to handle which resulted to overheat. Overheats usually don't last long, it's similar to having a fever but this one could lead to fainting. Levi knew his heat was around the corner and his preparation for it but he was expecting to get overheat. He needed to check it out before it led to something bad.

"And... The vet's wife insisted that I take you home, she said that they will close soon and you don't seem to have any I.D's that can help us take you home soooo....." Eren trailed off while putting the tray on the table at the center of the room. 

Levi saw red.

SHITTY GLASSES DID THIS ON PURPOSE!

Hange must have taken all his fake IDs where the address of his personal condo was under the name "Rivaille". Levi would make sure that shitty glasses-

"She was kind enough to drop us off in front of my house and gave all Titan's meds for free! Isn't that great Levi?!" Eren cheered but it only added up to the torture list that Levi would be doing to his Beta friend.

"That's so nice of her," Levi forced it out but his sarcastic tone only made Eren frown.

"Ummm, I know you're currently uncomfortable with this but- I SWEAR I DIDN'T TOUCH YOU!" Eren shouted, kneeling on the floor and bowing down until his face reached the floor. He's completely aware that the Omega was pissed and Eren kept thinking that maybe this would be the end of their friendship. "My mother's an Omega and she occasionally got overheat! I'm always there to take care of her and she taught me all about Omegas, and how to properly take care of them! And, she taught me to respect them as well as other dynamics!"

Levi stared at him, Titan moved and settled on his lap before drifting to sleep again. Levi stroked the cat's head while he processed what the Alpha said. He felt guilty once again. Eren misunderstood again, but Levi knew it was not his fault and he was aware that this whole 'keeping his true identity' thingy would only hurt Eren.

Eren didn't deserve this treatment and Levi didn't want to pile the lies up any further.

"Eren, I'm fine now, I trust you and I believe you, brat. I thank you for everything but I have to go- Achoo!" Levi rubbed his nose and he sneezed again.

Eren quickly looked up at him and he lit up like he had a bright idea. "Oh! The vet's wife also predicted that this might happened since I told her that we fell on the pond last night. Because of that, she gave us meds for free! Wait right here, I'll get it. I left it downstairs." With that Eren ran out of the room, closing the door behind him.

Levi nodded covering his nose when another sneeze was approaching.

"Achoo!"

Levi was sure he took meds for cold in advance when he shivered minutes after he lay on his bed last night. And he was sure that this one was not natural. Levi looked for any signs of punctures on his skin and he immediately found one. Right on his forearm. He snapped.

"That's it! This is the last fucking straw! I will fucking kill you, Hange, you shit!" Levi shouted waking up Titan.

The cat yawned and stared at him with his big green eyes. "Look Titan, I had enough of shitty glasses shit! I will fucking kill Moblit so that both of them will have their fucking honeymoon in hell!" Levi panted after his speech and unexpectedly, he sneezed again. Titan let out a high pitch meow, settling back on his lap, the cat continued his sleep.

Levi just let out a sigh, he felt dizzy all of a sudden. "Ugh, the drug must have kicked in," he mumbled.

Eren came back with a paper bag in his hand. He frowned when he saw Levi laying on his bed and was breathing heavily. He approached the bed, kneeling on the floor and facing Levi.  "Levi, I'm so sorry. This is all my fault. But I'm glad you say that you trust me moments ago, so please let me take care of you," he said sincerely.

Levi just stared at the Alpha's mismatched eyes and blurted. "Alien."

The last thing that Levi heard was a soft chuckle followed by a lullaby.

----

edited 04/06/22