Chapter 10

A/N - Super long chapter ! I really do hope you guys are enjoying the story x Also , thanks to 4 of my fave people who have been reading my story as far as I know x there's probably a ton of my other friends reading but these 4 have been giving me feedback and stuff so thank you <3 Grace , Camryn, Kylie & Poppy <3
Enjoy this chapter <3 ily guys

*Kathryn's POV*

It's been a week since Alex and I got into that arguement. Everything seems to be normal again. I haven't been to anymore of the guys' practices. I stay home with Isobel and Peter and do my homework instead. I'm on the bus home with Alex and the guys when Rian brings up an interesting subject.

"Are we still going to the beach this afternoon, guys?" He asks. Zack nods and turns to Alex for confirmation. "Yeah, I mean, nothing's come up." He says. Then he looks at me. "You wanna tag along, Kat?" I look at Alex, a little surprised at his sudden request. Does he really want me to come with him and his friends this afternoon? "Um... Sure, if that's okay?" I agree hesitantly. Jack laughs at me and ruffles my hair. "Oh, you're so cute, Kathryn. Of course it's okay." He says. I smile at Jack. His smile makes me smile.

"We'll see you guys later!" Alex calls as we jump off the bus. I follow him down the road in silence for a while before I speak up. "Did you really mean it, Alex? When you said I could come?" I ask him. He looks at me as if I've said something stupid. "Of course, Kat. Why would you think I wouldn't be-" He pauses, mid sentence, his eyes lighting up in realization. "Oh, Kathryn. This isn't about the other day, is it?" He asks. I bite my lip and look away awkardly. I have been a bit more distant around Alex and the guys. I just don't want to tick Alex off. "Um... kind of..." I mumble awkwardly. He sighs and looks at me regretfully. "I honestly am really sorry, Kat. I didn't mean any of it..." Now I feel guilty for bringing it up. I didn't mean to upset Alex too. I hug him tightly. "No, Alex, it's ok. I just wasn't sure." I try to reassure him. He smiles a little and hugs me. "Jack really wanted you to come along too..." he says. I perk up a little and flick my head up quickly, meeting his gaze suddenly, "Really?!" I say excitedly. He laughs at my reaction and nods. "He literally reacted the same way. You guys are so cute." He says as he ruffles my hair.

Back at home, Alex is ready to leave, but I of course am not.

"Alex!" I whine from the bathroom.

"What?" he responds from outside the door.

"I can't wear a bikini! I'm not cut-out for that stuff!"

"Yes you can!"

"I look gross..."

"Come out and show me if you're so worried."

"I don't know..."

"Do you want me to come in and see then?"

"... Fine."

I unlock the door and he steps in slowly. I awkwardly put my hands on my hips, not knowing what else to do with them. It is an awkward situation to be in, since Alex is like my brother, but I trust his judgement and I trust him. He knows more about me than anyone else. "You look fine, Kathryn." he says. That doesn't cut it, though. "Just fine? Alex, I can't wear a bikini!" I say as I pull my oversized shirt over myself again. Alex sighs and stands up straight. He puts his hand on his hip sassily and snaps his fingers as he says, "I mean, girl, you look fiiine." I can't help but giggle at my ridiculous cousin. "Thank you, Beyonce"  I respond and walk back to our room. I pack a few more things in my bag when Alex calls me. 

"C'mon, Kat! They're here!" 

 I rush down the stairs, zipping up my bag on the way. Alex is waiting for me at the door. He shouts his goodbyes to his mother and rushes out. I follow him to where the van is parked out the front. It's Zack's dad's van. Alex and I jump in the back with, surprise surpise, none other than Jack Barakat. I basically jump into his lap, accidentally of course. "Woah!" he chuckles. "Easy there, Kat. Not in front of the guys." He jokes, making me blush. I slide off him and sit next to Alex when Zack looks back from the drivers seat. "Hey! Barakat! Gaskarth!" he shouts.