"Okay, then I'll do as you say. But what about Gabriel and Gabriella? I didn't want them to grow up without a father, and they also deserve to know who their father is." I said this because, even though I'm not together with Elijah, Gabriel and Gabriella need to know who their father is.

"Lexa, I can't say anything about it. But no matter what, don't do anything stupid."

"Alright, then I won't do anything that's going to change my future. See you soon, Thea. Bye, I love you." With that, I hung up the phone and put my phone beside me. I sighed. What should I do? My mind is all messed up thinking about this thing.

"Mommy? Are you okay?" I was startled when I heard Gabriel's voice behind me. I turned around to see him, with his sleepy face, look at me. "Yeah, baby, I'm okay. Why did you awake?" She and Gabriella are taking a nap, and that's the only time I can pamper myself a bit and do my work at home. I didn't call Dolly to come because I'm not going to work today.

*****

After Gabriel and Gabriella wake up from their nap, I bring them out to go for a walk at the park. "Alexa." I turned around to see Elijah standing in his suit near me. What is he doing here in Los Angeles? I looked at him in shock, then turned to look at the twins.

"What are you doing here?" I ask. "I came to meet you, obviously." He said that, and I raised my eyebrows.

"How do you know that I'm here?" I ask him not to worry if he also knows where my house and office are.

"I have my own way, babe." He looks at me and smirks. I look away because it feels like if I look into his eyes too long, my heart might betray me. I don't want that to happen.

"Uncle!!" That's Gabriella's voice coming running to me and Elijah. Oh gosh. Wait what? Uncle? "Uncle, what are you doing here? You know, mommy?" She asks and looks at both of us.

"Of course we do. We have known each other before you guys came here." I stand there quietly because I don't know what to do or what to say.

"Mommy, this is the kind uncle, ice cream," Gabriel said to me, and that's when my mind went blank. That's what Elijah knew from the start. But... How?

Just in time, my phone rang. "It's an emergency call. Let's go." I pull Gabriel and Gabriella's hands away and walk away as fast as I can.

"Mommy!" I stop when Gabriella is shouting.

"I'm sorry, baby. I didn't mean to walk so fast like that. Sorry." I said and hugged her. I can still see Elijah standing in the same place and looking at us. I don't know why he needs to waste his money to buy a plane ticket and come here when I've obviously been rejecting him and hate him.

*******

The whole drive of my mind was just thinking about Elijah, Elijah, and Elijah. It seems like I can't get him out of my mind. I try to distract myself from thinking about him, but I don't know why I can't.

Right now, I'm in the bathroom, taking a long bath after I let the twins sleep. I close my eyes to relax my body and my mind. After I saw that my fingers had wrinkles on them, I decided to get out. I pick up my nightgown and then go straight to bed. Today is a stressful day. I need a lot of rest. I close my eyes to sleep.

ding!

That's my phone. I take it off the nightstand, and look who's the one who messaged me. It's an unknown number. I opened it and read the message.

"Alexa, no matter how hard you try to push me from your life, I will always come back to you. I know that I made a huge mistake three years ago, but please forgive me and think about our children. I will do anything to take you back. I will make you mine back, Alexa, because I love you." I read it, and I know who sent it to me. Of course, it's Elijah. Without any warning, my tears come out of my eyes like a waterfall.

I don't understand him right now. He's the one who throws me around like I've got no heart, and now he wants me to forgive him like he did nothing wrong at all. Why does he need to be like this? I am tired of facing all this for the second time. I want my life to be happy with my loved one.

I cry until I feel tired and then drift to sleep.

________________________________________________

How's chapter 8?

Vote

Comments

Share

******

Much love from me.

Little munchkins