Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Songs: Nightmare by Ed Sheeran and Faithfully by Journey 

~~~

I’m not completely sure how I got here, but somehow I was standing in a long hallway. It seemed to be everlasting, refusing to end. I would turn a corner only to head down an even longer pathway.

All I remember was going upstairs to bed when everything disappeared from below me. The only person I could think of who could be responsible for this was Zayn. He must be playing some type of trick on me, and I refused to play along. I wasn’t going to let him know how freaked out I was right now.

“Zayn?” I call out, just as I reach a door. I open it up and stick my head around the corner to see inside. Another hallway led down to a dead end. I close the door and continue on the path I was originally on.

“Okay Zayn, cut it out. Where am I at?” I ask, running my fingers down the hall. “I was just going to bed, I’m tired.”

“Oh darling, your boyfriend isn’t coming.” I hear a voice from behind me. It sounded familiar, yet completely different.

Derick is leaning against a wall, his arms crossed with one foot over the other. He has a smirk on his face as he watches me, my mouth opening in shock. If Zayn wasn’t behind this, then how did I get here? And why was Derick here? Zayn wouldn’t like me by him right now.

Maybe I’d accidentally teleported by myself. Zayn hadn’t taught me how to do that yet, and I might have accidentally done it myself. I wasn’t sure how I was supposed to get home though.

I drop my hand from the wall, placing it on my hip. “Oh hey Derick. I didn’t know you where here.” I bite my lip, looking down the long hallway. “Do you happen to know where here is? This hallway doesn’t seem to end and well… it’s sorta freaking me out.”

Derick grins, putting his weight on both of his feet now as he takes a step towards me. This grin is different; it’s not the soft happy smile he usually shoots me in class. This smile looks like he’s up to something, like he has some plan in his mind I don’t know about.

“I have no idea where we are, you’re the one that brought us here.” He says to me.

So I was right. I did get here on my own. But how did Derick end up here with me? I shrug, “I don’t know what you’re talking about. I had just lain down to bed when I appeared here suddenly.” I decided to play dumb. Even if I was the reason we both were here, I wasn’t supposed to let people know about my powers.

Derick laughs, stepping towards me again. “Come on, Ronnie. Stop playing games. Do you not know who I am? You don’t recognize me at all?”

I shake my head, confused. “What?”

“You feel familiarity with Zayn but none with me? You know me better than him, Ronnie.” He says, a hint of anger crossing his tone.

“I’ve known Zayn a couple weeks longer than you, and well no offence but I’m with Zayn a lot more. So yeah, I do feel more familiar with him.”  I shrug, hoping he wouldn’t take that the wrong way.

He rolls his eyes, “That’s not what I mean.”

He was beginning to scare me. What was his problem? “Then what do you mean?”

He takes a deep breath, his hand running through his blonde hair. I could see the muscles around his arms flex as he crosses them over his chest. “Look at you.” He shakes his head, “Every time you get more and more pathetic. It’s tragic really.”