Chapter 31: Memories

Start from the beginning

When I got downstairs I saw the flowers had been put in a vase and Damon was waiting by the door.

"Ready to go?", he asked me.

"Yeah, I guess.", I said lifeless.

I didn't want to go. Mainly because my mom just died and I didn't want to go into a serious relationship.

He walked me to a light blue Mustang and opened the door for me at which point I got in. I ran my hand along the door amazed. I had always been into classic cars. I loved everything about them. I loved the sound when they turned on, the way it looked inside and out, and how whenever you passed by in a classic people would turn their heads and stare.

"Impressed?", asked Damon with a arrogant grin.

"Not by you. The only thing I like about this is your car.", I said in a rude tone.

"After tonight is over you will change your mind about me and this date.", he said with a wink and off we went to who knows where.

After about a half hour we made it to a lake where there was a picnic and a candle lit dinner.

"Wow.", was all I was able to say.

"Told you so.", said Damon with a smile.

He led me over to the blanket with the basket of food and started to take out a couple sandwiches and a couple juice boxes.

"So tell me about yourself Luna.", said Damon as I took a bite into the best sandwich I had ever had.

"Umm well I moved her recently because my mother died and my dad is a drunk-"

"I thought you moved here so you can practice magic?", asked Damon.

"How did you know that?", I asked getting creeped out.

"Your grandma told me.", he said casually.

When he saw me looking at him confused he added,"Don't worry your secret is safe with me. I'm a vampire so I know all about the supernatural."

"You're a vampire? How are you able to go into sunlight? Does garlic effect you?", I asked curious more than scared.

He just gave a laugh and then said,"I can go into sunlight because I have a daylight ring which helps me not burn up. Neither garlic or onion effects me, other than giving me bad breath. Any other questions?"

"Actually yes. How do you become a vampire? Did you want to become a vampire?"

He took a deep breath before answering almost as if he prepared a speech.

"To become a vampire you must drink the blood of a vampire and then die. After you come back you have to feed to complete the Transformation to immorality. I originally didn't want to become a vampire but I got used to it I guess."

He looked down at his sandwich and took a bite.

"What's your story?", I asked curious.

"Well which version do you want to hear, the long or the short?", he asked.

"We have time so how about the long.", I said curious.

"Okay over a hundred years ago my brother and I both fell for a girl named Katherine Pierce. She was a vampire and using us just for her entertainment. I actually thought she loved me and I loved her. I wanted to be with her forever so she turned both me and my brother. A little after she did she died in a church full with vampires, we later found out she never died. Anyway my brother fed first and encouraged me to feed also which I did. I hated him because he's the one that got Katherine captured and taken to the church. I made him a promise that I would cause him a hell on Earth so that's just what I did for over a century or so."