Chapter 13

After the news Captain Holt told me, I almost felt.. Betrayed, or lied to by my father. I guess I was, technically.

How could my father not tell me he had a brother? And who hated him with a passion? Was he ashamed?

I guess I'll never know.. Or maybe I will?

"Is he still alive then?" I ask hopefully.

Captain Holt sees the excitement in my eyes and grins.

"Barely" he says just above a whisper, he smiles at himself as if torturing a man was something to be proud of.

"Where is he?" I ask frantically, he may still be alive.

"Why would I tell you? You would most likely try to escape and attempt to find him" he scoffs.

How could I get him to tell me where he was? I could pretend I actually like him, get him to trust me. Maybe I could convince him to let me go.

"I promise I won't, if you show me where he is." I sat back down on the bench and held his hand. It was so cold, very fitting for his icy heart.

"Please.. Umm uncle?" I furrow my eyebrows and wonder if that was okay to say. I look at him for reassurance.

"No, call me Andrew." He smiles and places his hand on my cheek, for a moment he looked kind and loving.

"I.. Think I love you. Margaret" the words hit me and knock all of the air out of my lungs.

Him? Love me?

"B-but you-you're my uncle" I stutter, my face jerks back a little bit as I become more uncomfortable by his touch.

"Love works in mysterious ways, Margaret" his smile is sickening and his glare makes my skin crawl. Captain Holt's once loving face was now twisted and evil.

My own uncle and abuser loves me? Everything is so wrong with this sick situation.

"Andrew please, if you love me let me go" I plead, whispering to him. I hesitantly place my hand near his shoulder, I stare at how my hand looks on him. It wasn't right, but I will do anything to find my family.

He looks down at me with empathetic eyes, he opens his mouth and pauses.

Please say yes.

"I can't" he breathes out, I sign and continue pressing.

"Yes you can, Andrew you can do it.. For me" I look up into his eyes, pleading. "I love you too"

We sat there in silence, the wind blowing threw my hair. The trees flowing and moving side to side, it was so peaceful.

Then I look back at Andrew and come back to reality.

"Margaret" he says softly, his head now beside mine. Andrew now only inches away from my ear making me shiver.

"I know exactly what your doing," he whispers in my ear, as he pulls away I see his devilish grin plastered across his face. He played me.

"Guards! Bring Margaret back to her room!" He shouts behind him to two officers who where standing a good distance away from us. He points to me casually and sighs.

He stands up and marches back towards his office, leaving me behind with the two soldiers.
--------

After the men brought me back to my room, very forcefully I should add, they slammed the door as soon as my small body was far enough into the small room.

As I look around the room, I see the rising and falling of sheets on the bed. Bernard must be sleeping in.

I quickly run to his side and a pull the covers up over his face. I smile down at him but my cheerful expression turns to one of concern.

He looks like he's been.. Crying?

The dry paths of old tears are visible down his cheeks. His eyes are red and inflamed. He looks miserable.

Even during his sleep he looks sad. He has a frown on his face that I wish I could just kiss off.

"B-Bernard?" I ask quietly while placing my hand on his shoulder. I gently shake him awake.

His body jolts awake and he shoots up, looking at me.

"Margaret" he breathlessly says and grabs my face with both of his large hands. He places kisses all over my face like he hasn't seen me in years.

He smiles through the kiss that lands on my lips and then pulls away, searching my eyes for answers.

"Are you okay? What happened?" He asks quickly.

"My shoulder still hurts a bit, but Andrew cleaned my wound and stitched it up."

He immediately tensed his body, a look of shock now overcoming his once excited expression.

"Andrew?" He questions, pulling his hands away from me while leaning backwards.

"Captain Holt, sorry" I corrected myself.

"So now it's Andrew? Are you seriously falling for his trick? I know you're better than that, Margaret."

I shook my head furiously, how could he think I actually had feelings for him? I loved Bernard, not Andrew.

"No! Bernard it was a simple slip of the tongue" he looks back over at me, still with a hurt look upon his face. It pained me to see him looking at me like that.

He lightens his features a little bit when he sees how worried I am. He lets out a long and defeated breath.

"As long as you're okay... And you're safe" he smiles and lifts my chin up, trying to stop my worry.

"Margaret...I-I" he furrows his brows, slowly letting go of my chin and pulling his hands back to his body.

"What?" I ask, wondering what he was about to say. Was he going to say he loved me?

A small smile crept up and onto my lips, as I thought of it more and how wonderful it would be to hear him finally say that.

"I..." He looks up at me again and takes a deep breath in. He quickly lost his confidence again.

"I have to go, Captain's orders" he stands up from the bed, leaving me kneeling on the floor.

"Bernard" I call after him in a soft voice.

"Please, not now Margaret. I have to go" he opens the door and slams it behind him.

He doesn't realize how much I love him. And how much I wish he could say he loved me to.

All this wishing lately is tiring me out. I'm not usually the type of girl to wish for things to happen.

I was taught that everything happens for a reason. In the end it will all make sense.

But right now I just need to find out what the universe has planed for me.