Chapter 29- Chocolates

After my shower, I towel-dry my hair a bit and wrap myself in a dark blue robe. A robe that was included with our room. A robe that was even better and softer than the one I owned back in London. I had no clue what Tom was wearing to go see the play, nor what he wanted me to wear.

"Tom?" I ask, walking out of the bedroom. He's on his phone again. Oh well.

"Hm?" He asks, looking up at me. At least he's looking up from that screen of his. "You feel better?"

I nod, sitting on the other side of the couch as him. "And my mouth tastes a million times better, too."

He lets out a laugh. "I bet. May I have a taste?" 

It takes me a second to understand what he meant, and when I do, I'm not sure how to respond. Yes, Rose. Say yes. Yes, Tom, you may kiss me passionately. I blink lightly. Wait. No, Rose. Say no. No, Tom, that wouldn't be appropriate, now, would it? I let out a laugh as confidently as I can. "Ah, maybe some other time." 

Tom laughs lightly. 

"So, uh, I came out here so I could as you what you were wearing to the play. So I won't be too under-dressed."

"Hm, probably just a white button-up shirt with a black suit jacket and pants. Do you think that's too formal? I've been wearing a lot of formal clothes lately. Maybe I could leave the jacket off."

"A lot of formal clothes lately? Oh, yeah, because pajamas at a romantic dinner is very formal," I drawl, smirking.

He rolls his eyes lightly, grinning. "So you think it was romantic?"

"Well it sure seemed like it," I murmur, glancing at him.

"Then maybe we'll have to do things like that more often."

I start to nod, but catch myself. No, we can't be doing this. This flirting. These dates. "Maybe," I say. "So what do you think I should wear?"

"You could wear anything, really, as long as it's appropriate for the event."

I purse my lips lightly. I didn't know what was appropriate or not. "Can you help me, please?" He nods and we both stand up, going into the bedroom. I lay out my good clothes, and Tom looks them over, his thumb and index finger positioned on his chin to make it seem like he's in deep thought. I can't help but smile lightly. 

"What about this and this?" He asks, pointing to a straight black skirt and a white long-sleeve shirt with black fabric underneath it, making the white lace pattern really pop. My heart sinks lightly. That was the exact outfit I wore on the day that Tom didn't show up to dinner. 

I quickly put a smile on my face and nod, hoping he didn't see the sadness in my eyes. But since Tom knows me so well, I'm quite certain my mask didn't work. He doesn't say anything about it, though.

"And heels, too?" He asks, no doubt pulling the puppy-dog look on me. 

"Now that's just pushing it. What is it with you and girls with heels?"

"Well, it'd certainly make you taller."

I glare at him.

"Only kidding!" He quickly adds, grinning. "I just don't get to see you in them often."

"Have you ever seen me in them? I can't recall that you have."

"Right you are, darling. I don't believe I've ever seen you in heels and a dress at the same time."

I sigh lightly. "Well you're gonna. Now get out so I can put on this wonderful outfit."

Tom flashes me a smile before exiting the room, shutting the door behind him. I sigh again. The things I do for this man. I quickly put on a bra and underwear before putting on the skirt and top. Ugh. Now for the heels. I dig the wedge ankle-boots out of the bottom on my bag before slipping them on along with some black ankle-socks.