Chapter 12- Live on TV

I told Tom he didn't have to come home with me, that he could stay at the track a bit, but he wouldn't hear it. As much as I didn't want to admit it, from being in the rain for a week or so, I could feel a cold coming on.

And I must admit, Tom was right. I'd gotten sort of sleepy on the way back to my flat, and I leaned my head against the window, drifting off to sleep.

I suddenly feel a bit of a cold breeze, and the surface I was lying on disappears, being replaced by a softer surface.

"We're here, darling."

I open my eyes to see Tom. He's walking. Is he... I gasp lightly.

"Something wrong?" He asks.

"Yes, something's wrong! Let me down!" I protest, struggling against his hold on me lightly.

"Alright, alright.. Calm down." Tom gently puts me down at the door of my flat.

"I am calm. And you need to stop being such a gentleman. All you had to do was wake me up."

He shrugs. "I didn't want to wake you."

"Well I'm awake." I purse my lips lightly. "Sorry. I'm being rude again. Thank you so much for allowing me to watch you. I had fun."

He raises an eyebrow, smiling lightly. "Did you really?"

"After I got over my fear of fast cars, yes. It was pretty fun," I say, chuckling nervously.

I open the front door of the flat.

"So what're you doing today?" I ask him.

He glances at his watch. "I have a lunch meeting at two, then tonight I'll be live talking about that lap I did."

"Oh. Do you want to, uh..." I trail off. He's probably too busy to come in..

Tom seems to understand. "Ah, I'm sorry, Rose, I'm afraid I can't. I've got to prepare a bit for the meeting," he says.

"Oh, right. Okay."

"What about tomorrow?"

I shake my head lightly. "Can't. I'm going in to work so I can make up for next week," I explain.

"Hm. So I guess I'll just pick you up on Friday so we can get to the airport on time. At least I hope I can pick you up... My manager might have to do it."

I frown lightly at the idea of having Toms manager pick me up instead of him. His manager doesn't like me. At all. She's told Tom before that I'm a distraction to his work.

Tom seems to notice my distress, and puts his hand on my shoulder. "Don't worry, darling. I promise I'll be there."

That makes me smile, knowing he cares about me so much. "Thank you, Tom."

"I'll text you. And e-mail you while you're at work, okay?"

"Well don't do it if you're busy," I say.

He grins, making me feel warm inside. "I'm never too busy for you."

"Dear, you're letting the cold in!" Mrs. C yells from inside.

I blush. "Right..."

"Well, see you on Friday, dear." He gently cups my face with his hands and kisses both of my cheeks.

"B-bye, Tom." I close the door after he walks away and climb up the stairs to my flat. Alright... Time to do some research.

I grab my laptop, sit on the couch, and start looking for the name of the channel Tom will be on tonight. It doesn't take long to find it, though, since Tom tweeted about it the other day.

I shut off my laptop and turn on my T.V, switching it to he channel. Yes, it doesn't start for quite a while, but oh well. I once again have nothing to do so I just listen to the T.V and work on Kate's book.

Before I know it, there's only ten minutes before Tom is live. My phone buzzes.

Ah, I'm sort of nervous :) -T

I smile lightly.

You'll do fine. Ten minutes, right? -R

Yeah. They're going to show my lap. It was actually sort of embarrassing. -T

Tom. Just calm down. You're perfect and your fans love you. Especially when you act a little dorky :) -R

Ehehe! What do you think I wore the glasses for?:) and I wouldn't say perfect.. Will you be watching? Please? -T

Of course. I have it on right now. -R

Well I think I'll do a lot better knowing you're watching :) -T

You'd do great either way and you know it. -R

Oh, but it really does help to know you're watching, Rose. -T

Oh, whatever. Get out of here. And don't forget to have fun :) -R

Well I don't have to leave, yet. I'm having my hair done. -T

Text me after. I then remember that he may be too busy, so I add: Or tomorrow. Either one. -R

I'll try for tonight... No promises, though, little one. -T

Yeah, it's alright. So I'll see you on Friday. Bye. -R

Goodbye, darling :) -T

I sigh and set my phone down for a second, but soon pick it up, texting Kate to tell her that Tom is live in a few moments.

I suddenly perk up when I hear the show start. The host talks a little while, and then he introduces Tom. He looks fascinating... Wonderful... Handsome. His hair is styled, he has on a dark button up shirt and black pants. His smile looks dazzling, just like how it was earlier. Tom shakes the host's hand and they talk a bit, throwing a few jokes, even. I giggle occasionally at the jokes.

Then they show Tom's lap around the track. There was a camera right in front of the driver's seat. It shows when the car has a faulty start, and it shows Tom practically cracking up. Tom looks embarrassed on the couch he's sitting on, but he's also laughing at the same time. He's handling it perfectly. The fans will think it's adorable.

Then the real lap begins. Now that I know he ends up fine, watching him go around the lap is actually fun and really impressive. While I was watching him at first, I was just plain terrified.

After they show the full lap, the host gets ready to tell Tom what his time was, and if he beat any others. He was specifically hoping to beat a certain person on the board.

Aaaand... He's right below the person he wanted to beat. Tom took it pretty well, though, knowing it was just for fun and nothing to be taken seriously. I could tell he was just a tad bit upset, though. If it makes him feel any better, he probably could have beat the other guy if it weren't so rainy today.

And that's it. He was on there for a full ten minutes. I smile lightly, turning the TV off. It was worth watching. He had fun with the host, got to answer a few questions, and even got to show the world what he was doing during his lap. Talking to himself, mostly. I've never really caught Tom talking to himself before, so I almost worry if it's a habit he picked up from me. I shake my head lightly. Nah. I doubt it.

I wonder what he's doing now? Photo shoot? Another interview? Just relaxing and heading to his apartment? Meet n greet? He could be doing anything, really.

I know it's a little selfish to wait and hope for a text, but I can't help but keep my phone close to me as I prepare dinner, just in case.

Nothing. But he told me he probably wouldn't be able to. I throw my phone on the couch before returning to the kitchen to eat the quick dinner I made.