| PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE:HER LULLABY

PROLOGUE:
HER LULLABY

     Once upon a time―it's the start of a story to a fairy tale, the start for a princess or prince too soon to be the hero or heroine destined to have a happy ending. Once upon a time―it unfolds the fate of said hero or heroine and the vicious doom for their villain. Once upon a time―it's where the hero's dream comes true and villains go to die.

     After Scar was brutally and maliciously devoured by the hyenas, after being resurrected from nothing but bones and a wandering soul, after being turned into a human-lion shape-shifter, and after being placed on the dying rock called the Isle of the Lost, he sought out for the woman that stuck by him on Pride Rock―Zira, his faithful wife.

     (The woman who was supposed to bare his heirs that would have, should have taken his place as king or queen when he was in power and in control of the Pride Lands in Africa.)

     Most villains would find a child a waste of time and not worth paying any attention to, but when Zira gave birth to Scar's first born (and only child because one would be enough)―Kleo―the little cub that had the same dark mane and green eye's like Scar, he knew he had to seize this great opportunity. Kleo was his ultimate ticket to the throne. There's a reason why he named her Kleo; Meaning pride and fame and glory and that was surely something Kleo would have.

     Scar wasn't ready to give up so easily, making sure Kleo would steal the crown somewhere (preferably the one in Auradon), but that would have to wait. Getting off The Isle would have to be the priority. Unlike most villains, he wasn't going to sit around and mope and feel discouraged about losing. He was ready to take his revenge through his daughter. He was ready to train her, to teach her how to properly hunt her prey, feed off others fear, to teach her how to be ruthless and vicious and mean and just downright rotten to the core.

     Nothing was going to stand in his way.

     As soon as Kleo was old enough to make coherent sentences and learned to walk, Scar wasted no time to train his daughter. If he wanted her to be just like him, he would have to start young.

     With her training and being taught The Isle's right from wrong, making friends was a big struggle for Kleo. Because her parents strutting around the Isle in their lion forms and rarely in their human forms (Kleo is seen an even amount of both), the intimidating and vain aura they give off rubs everyone the wrong way.

     Mal, the daughter of Maleficent, the evil fairy belonging to the fairy tale Sleeping Beauty, was the first to not be easily scared of Kleo. It was a year after Maleficent had banished the Evil Queen and her daughter Evie to the far side of The Isle because Mal wasn't invited to Evie's sixth birthday; Neither was Kleo. Although her parents pushed her to surround herself with what little evil royalty that lived on The Isle (although Scar himself counts because he used to be a prince and a king, but that doesn't matter anymore), like Evie or Heather (the Queen of Hearts' daughter) or Hades' demigod son Hecate.