| II: ❝Mean Ole Lion❞

CHAPTER ii:MEAN OLE LION

CHAPTER ii:
MEAN OLE LION

     Kleo had never heard a more disgusting noise (then, well, you know, finding out she had to go live in Auradon) when she had woken up the next morning: the sound of birds chirping made her want to rip her own ears off, or, alternatively, have those chirping birds for an appetizer before breakfast. Of course, the latter sounded rather delicious, but she would have to refrain from eating a winged creature that morning. Kleo grimaces. Birds remind her of Zazu and Zazu reminds her of Kato. A scowl reaches her face as she rubs the sleep from her eye's, sitting up in her place on her bed.

    "Good," Tiger Peony, who sits on her bed with her laptop, typing away at something. "You're awake. I thought I was going to be forced to dump cold water on you."

     Kleo rips the blanket and comforter off her body, not paying any attention to the cold hitting her raggedy pajamas, and as a shiver runs down her spine. "Don't ever do that, unless, you know, you plan on being mauled to death."

     Tiger Peony shudders at the thought. She slips on her shoes and grabs her room key, heading towards the door. "Well, I gotta get to breakfast. My friends are waiting for me," (Tiger Peony's friends are Polly Pan, daughter of Peter Pan, Prince Aziz, son of Jasmine and Aladdin, and prince Anexlin, son of Flynn Rider―aka Eugene Fitzherbert―and Rapunzel. They all met in their first years of school.) "See ya later."

     Kleo's heading towards the shower in the small bathroom, mumbling a goodbye to her roommate as she disappears and closes the door behind her. And Kleo spends a little too long in the shower. Showers on The Isle weren't always working, and when they were, the water was cold. But now that she's a (temporary) resident in Auradon, she can take hot showers and relax a bit. But then she remembers that she isn't there to take long showers in Auradon and relax in it as if she were in a sauna in the mountains of Arendelle. What she remembers is that Mal and the others were most likely waiting for her.

     Kleo gets dressed rather quickly after shaking her hair out like a dog in lion form and then shifting back to look presentable. She then grabs her room key and the small bag Evie had made for her (and her beat up notebook) that was supposed to be used at Dragon Hall back on The Isle, but Kleo never used it. It was rather useless since someone could just steal it from her. And now that she's in Auradon, she can steal with it, perhaps get some shoplifting in.

     Kleo makes her way to the cafeteria, ignoring the sunlight that's starting to give her a headache and the Auradonians who are, yet again, giving her nasty looks.

     She smells the stench of her friends before she sees them. They are leaned up against the wall, all as annoyed as she is, watching all the giddy Auradonian students piling into the Cafeteria for breakfast. Their smiles make Kleo want to gauge her eye's out and vomit.

     "Took you long enough," sighs Jay, playfully punching Kleo's shoulder.

     Kleo scoffs.

     The Rotten Five enter the cafeteria and all eye's turn to them as they head towards the breakfast buffet, but soon enough, their senseless chattering continues with a new topic to discuss. The boys immediately start grabbing foods, piling their plates with all assortments of foods: eggs, bacon, toast, sausage, waffles, pancakes, hash browns, etc, etc, etc. Mal and Evie take plates and start filling theirs. Kleo, because of her 'wild animal' appetite piles her plate with any meats she can see and along with the exception of other foods. (They would make her bit happier if they were raw but let's not go there.)