| V: ❝Be Prepared (Reprise)❞

CHAPTER v: BEPREPARED (REPRISE)

CHAPTER v: BE
PREPARED (REPRISE)

     "Earth to Kleo," says Mal, snapping her fingers to get the lioness' attention. "Are you listening?"

     Kleo's mind has been a complete mess ever since her date with Ben. She's been deep in thought for the past few days, whether she should go through with the original plan and steal Fairy Godmother's magic wand or succumb to the goodness of Auradon and her developing feelings for Ben. But, whichever one she chose to follow through with, she would end up disappointing someone.

     If she decided to follow her head and go through with the plan, she'd only be proving everyone's assumptions on whether she and her friends were really what their parents want them to be: just like them, their parents―cold and mean and rotten. But, if she decided to follow her heart and stay with Ben and become an Auradonian, her father will, most likely, disown her and claim that his only heir has failed him, and everyone on The Isle will think she is a traitor and has turned her back on them.

     The snapping of Mal's fingers causes Kleo to blink a few times. Letting out a light gasp, pushing a piece of her hair behind her ear. "Uh, yeah, totally. Go on."

     Mal catches her lie but brushes it off. Evie gives her a worried look, as Jay and Carlos look just as concerned. Mal then continues. "As I was saying..." There's a piece of notebook paper on the table for everyone to see. It's scribbled with an illustration of the cathedral. "Okay, we all know what this looks like. So, it'll be up on the dais under King Adam's spell jar, and we'll be coming in from here. Kleo, you will be in the very front and if anyone tries to stop you, as a last resort and only as a last resort, turn into a lion to keep them back. We'll be up in the balcony. Be very careful with it. Okay. Carlos?" She turns to Carlos.

     "Okay," he responds. He then recites what he has to do in a few days. "So, I'll find our limo, so we can break the barrier, and, uh, get back to the island with the wand."

     "Perfect," says Mal. She turns to Evie. "Evie?"

     "Yeah?" says Evie.

     Mal pulls out a perfume bottle from her jacket pocket and hands it to Evie. "You will use this to take out the driver. Two sprays and he'll be out like a light."

     Evie's eyes play over Mal's spell book for a second, but then she reads what's written on the top of the page: ANTI-LOVE SPELL. "M? You want to break Ben's love spell?"

     Kleo, torn from her loud thoughts once more, meets the guilty gaze of Mal and the shocked one of Evie. She furrows her brows, walking closer to Mal's spell book on the table before Mal closes it from Kleo's prying eyes.

     "Yeah. You know," Mal pauses, trying to choose her words carefully. "It's for after. I've been thinking, when the villains finally do invade Auradon and begin to loot and kick everyone out of their castles and imprison their leaders and destroy all that is good and beautiful, Ben being in love with Kleo seems a little cruel."