| III: ❝Be Prepared❞

CHAPTER iii:

CHAPTER iii:

BE PREPARED

     Kleo wasn't a very doubtful lioness, not in the slightest. But this, the fact that she was being forced to play someone's girlfriend really caught her off guard. Scar had taught her to be prepared for anything thrown at her, no matter how strange and unusual it may be, be prepared for anything and execute it perfectly, it had to be done flawlessly otherwise it would cause complications in the future.

     But Kleo thinks her friends have lost it!

     After spending a good hour and a half in the kitchen, gathering the ingredients for the cookies, they were briefly interrupted by Lonnie, claiming it needed chocolate chips. They were all lost for words. She had gone on a short tangent of how good and delicious they were and that they tasted better when you cooked them with your mother or father. But none of them knew the feeling of baking with their parents, because no one experiences that kind of stuff on The Isle. Lonnie had thought that "Even villains love their kids..." which was not true in the slightest. But it all ended well when she provided them with their last ingredient: a tear of human sadness.

     Kleo had held onto them, not wanting to just make it look like she was eager to cause trouble. She already had Kato breathing down her neck every chance he could get, glaring and cursing her name under the bright sun, assuming she was up to no good. And she was, Kleo was up to no good. She just couldn't wait to see what he was going to do when she starts 'dating' Ben. Kato might combust into flames, who knows? All she knew was that it was going to be wickedly hilarious when he goes mad like the Hatter. And possibly turn red as the rose when angered like the Red Queen.

     So, Kleo lets a day pass, not even batting a lash when her friends practically attack her when she hadn't cursed Ben into loving her yet. Mal looked about ready to curse her and Jay was about ready to wrestle her (even though it's a fight he would win by a slim chance). She knows her father wouldn't mind. Scar knows it takes time to carefully plot and not rush things, jeopardizing your evil plan. How do you think he successfully killed Mufasa in that stampede? And if Gil were here, he would be her cheerleader. Telling her to do what makes her comfortable, not caring if she was taking too long, but just full on supporting the love of his wicked life, knowing she will do just fine.

     It's Wednesday afternoon now, the class has just ended, and all of the descendants were doing their own thing. Mal had her nose deep in her spell book at the library so she could come up with a backup plan if the cursed cookie doesn't work properly, Evie was in her room sewing a new set of clothes with the money she got from Lonnie, and Jay and Carlos were practicing for Tourney seeing as their big game starts in an hour or so.

     Kleo stood at her locker, trying to grasp onto the homework for her math and chemistry class, not knowing if she is getting the correct answers because she can hardly understand what the teacher is droning on about in class. Ben had offered to tutor her, but she declined him, not wanting to spend more time with him if she didn't have to. (But that was going to change when he forcibly becomes her boyfriend in a few short hours... or minutes.)