Many years later...

(Billy’s POV)

It was wonderful having to watch Jacob grow up and become the leader I knew he could be. When you think about it, it is kind of his destiny to lead the Quileute tribe as chief, as my father and grandfather have before me. He was to be the chief and Alpha Wolf of the wolves.

#1: a woman from the Makah nation named Katelynn Call showed up, claiming that I was the father of her little son, Embry. This was a huge shock for me, as I had vowed earlier that I would never conceive another child. Not since Rachel, Rebecca, and Jacob. But Embry is here and who was I to argue with that fact? (And to make matters worse, I myself had called out Joshua Uley when I discovered that he himself had fathered a son out of wedlock. File this one under “foot’s on the other shoe”.)

#2: Sarah found out about Embry and she was furious. So furious that she drove off without so much as hearing me apologize or explain myself. I knew I was wrong, but we’re not perfect. SERIOUSLY!!! If we didn’t make any mistakes, then what would we be learning?

Yeah. Sarah was gone and I was left with Rachel, Rebecca, and Jacob. And Jacob was only 7 years old then. I knew that I would eventually have to sit the children down and tell them the truth about Embry and why their mother left them. I knew that they wouldn’t be too happy with that, but they would want to understand that I was a man with needs.

Within a few hours, my good friend Charlie Swan showed up at my front door and told me that Sarah had died in a car accident.

Well, the bottom fell out of my life. My wife is dead. It was all my fault. I would never get to explain my actions to her or beg for her forgiveness. But that wasn’t the worst of it.

When Jacob was 10 years old, a car accident left me paralyzed from the waist down; I would never walk again. That had everyone feeling very sad, including Jacob. I highly doubt that our relationship would be the same after this.

And within a few years, I would have to break Jacob’s heart.

To begin, I had seen Irene Ulrich at my front door asking me to take care of Jacob while she secured her other children’s passports and getting her affairs in order. According to her, there had been a war in London, England, and she and her family were in the thick of it. As far as I knew, there hasn’t been a war in London since 1945, so I didn’t know what she was talking about.

On the other hand, Sarah had dismissed Irene’s claims as lies and believed that Irene was intentionally dumping her son on us. That led to their bitter fight and Irene’s decision not to return to La Push. As a result, I never got to see Jacquelyn-Claire, Saphira, and Sameth.

And when word reached the tribe about Irene’s death and her children being adopted by relatives, I was highly upset about that. To me, they were Quileutes (since their grandmother Isabella Braumlein-Crenshaw Ulrich was part Quileute) and they deserved to live in La Push. Sarah, however, was very indifferent and cared nothing about the fates of Irene or her family.

I have got to find a way to get those children out of London and bring them here. If that madman is still running around London unchecked, he could target Jacquelyn and the twins. How would I get them out when there was chaos all around them?

The Secret Life of Jacob Blackजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें