CHAPTER SIXTEEN; RUNNING LOW

FALLINGxvi

FALLING
xvi. RUNNING LOW
"HE'LL COME AROUND EVENTUALLY."

"Thinking back to every night
That we just laid there for a while
And when I looked into your eyes
I, I never thought I'd say goodbye." - Shawn Mendes [Running Low]

SOMEONE'S SHOULDER TO LEAN ON WAS ALL AMELIA NEEDED. After everything that happened with Chris just a few nights ago, Amelia wasn't feeling like herself. She felt different, like a apart of herself was lost somewhere in the ocean, so she called her mother, and told her that she was coming over for a few days.

When Amelia arrived at the front door step of her mothers small, cottage house in Orlando, she realised what she actually needed her mother for; advice. She needed help on the situation with Chris, and the only other person that knew her the best - after from Chris himself - was her mother.

She had spent the entire drive thinking about everything that had happened. Did he really deserve what she gave him? Did he really deserve to be kicked out of her apartment? She didn't really understand, nor the way she felt about him either.

She was mad. She was sad. She was happy. And she was confused as to what to do. Her mother was the only person who gave the best advice, and that's where she was at the moment. Sitting in her mothers lounge room, with a cup of hot chocolate as she explained to her mother what happened.

"Honey, it's normal to feel this way. Nothing, not even friendships will always be perfect, you should know that. You will fight, and argument, but you will make up, and it will make you stronger together. It's okay to feel angry at Chris for what he did, but the only thing that matters is the fact that he built the courage to tell you, even though he knew it would come to this moment. There's no small amount of emotion that you can feel, because there are many different reasons as to why you're feeling different towards it all. You just have to figure it out," explained Ashley.

Amelia nodded, wiping away the tears that had slowly started drying on her cheeks. Her mother wrapped an arm around her, pulling Amelia close to her. Amelia rested her head on her mothers shoulder, letting every emotion try and settle down before she had a massive breakdown.

"He's the perfect man for you sweetheart, but he just hasn't realised it yet," said Ashley, just as there was a knock on the door. "COMING!"

Ashley rose from her seat on the couch, walking towards the door to open it. When the door was opened, a large smile tugged at Amelia's lips when she recognised who it was.

"Ian! My dear boy, how are you?" Ashley asked, giving the man a brief hug.

"I've been good, Ashley. Yourself?"

"Just swell. Come on in," Ashley said, motioning for the man to walk inside.

Picking up the box that he brought with him, he made his way inside. Ian noticed Amelia curled up on the couch, watching whatever was on the TV at that moment. Although, she wasn't really paying attention to anything at all.

"Hey Lia," greeted Ian.

Amelia looked up from the TV screen, over to Ian who made his way into the lounge room. A smile tugged at the brunette's lips when she saw her best friend walk in. However, a confused expression took over her features when she saw the box Ian was holding.

"Hey Ian. What's that?"

"I found this at your apartment when I went looking for you, but you wouldn't answer the door. So I figured you'd be here, and brought it over," explained Ian, handing her the box.

There was a note tapped to the top of it. Amelia pulled it off, opening the folded over note to read it. Ian took a seat beside her as she read the note.

"Lia, I know you're mad at me, and you have every reason to. I'm an idiot, and I should've told you the truth, but I couldn't bring myself to. I'm sorry, I really am. This is the exact reason why I didn't tell you in the first place, but it would've happened either way. Drift found this little thing (in the box) while we were out at the park, and I knew that you should have it. I know you only just lost Flash, but at least you'll have some company while we're not speaking, and I'm not around. I'm sorry for everything. I love you.

Love, from Chris xo" Amelia read out.

Ian watched from beside Amelia, as she opened the box up. A gasp escaped her lips when she noticed the small puppy curled up in a ball asleep. Gently placing the box down, she picked up the small puppy in her hands, holding it to her chest with a smile.

"I'm gonna call you Silver," smiled Amelia.

Ashley walked over, taking a seat beside her daughter on the couch. She brought her hand up to stroke the small black and white puppy, smiling as she did so. Ashley noticed the distant look in her daughter's eye, realising how much she truly missed Chris already.

"He'll come around eventually sweetheart, there's no need to be upset."

AMELIA FOUND HERSELF CURLED UP ON HER BED IN HER CHILDHOOD BEDROOM. Silver was lying at her side asleep again, while Amelia was too busy thinking about Chris to worry about anything else in that moment.

She was imagining the day when they spent the whole time in bed, where they just laid there, staring at one another with a smile. She'd never thought that after a five year friendship, she'd have to say goodbye to him. Not after everything they've been through.

Her eyes filled with tears again. She didn't want to accept the fact that she may never see Chris again. Telling him to leave, and him doing it, is what hurt the most. Although, he only did it to give her some space to herself for a while. He knew what she needed. He knew her the best, and he knew that she'll come around eventually.

AUTHORS NOTE:
Short and shitty, I'm sorry. I just wanted to update. I hope you enjoyed.