CHAPTER THIRTEEN; ALIVE

FALLINGxiii

FALLING
xiii. ALIVE
"I JUST DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO TELL YOU."

"I felt my love for you this time
Other side, I'm feeling so alive
You didn't feel anything at all
After all, Makes me feeling small
I felt my love for you this time
Other side, I'm feeling so alive
You didn't feel anything at all
After all, Makes me feeling small." - Milky Chance [Alive]

A LOT OF PEOPLE DIDN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT LOVE FELT
LIKE. They didn't understand the fluttering feeling in the pit of their stomach whenever they saw their loved one. They didn't understand that silence holds more words in a conversation when they're with their loved one.

They didn't understand the random conversations, or the phone calls that kept them up all night long. Nor did they understand the feeling whenever they shared PDA with their loved one. They didn't understand that even the smallest fight built them stronger than the last.

They just didn't understand any of that. What true love felt like, or what to be truly loved by someone felt like. Sure, loving family members and friends, and them doing the same, was love, but it was a different kind of love. It felt different, a lot different, and Chris knew what love felt like.

He was head over heels for Amelia, but he knew all to well that she didn't reciprocate those feelings at all. He still remembered the moment he first fell in love with her to this day, and that was almost 3 years ago. That's how long he hadn't told her how he felt. But he knew in that moment that he loved her.

It was a warm sunny day. The birds were happily chirping, and the trees were greener than ever. Amelia and Chris were at Chris' parents house for lunch, and they were spending some time outside after they ate.

Chris had brought his guitar, and was singing to Amelia just for the sake of it. Amelia was laughing at him, singing along to whatever song they were singing at that time. Chris couldn't even remember what the song was called.

"Hey Chris?" asked Amelia.

"Mmm?"

"Can you teach me how to play the guitar?"

Chris turned to look at her, a smile spreading across his lips. He gave her a small nod, and she almost squealed in excitement.

"Come here," He said.

Moving the guitar out of the way, Chris waited for Amelia to sit in front of him where he'd be able to teach her. When she sat there, he placed the guitar on her lap, and rested his chin on her right shoulder so he could watch.

"What do you wanna learn?" asked Chris.

"Anything," replied Amelia, causing Chris to chuckle.

"I'll teach you some chords first. How does that sound?"

"Good!"

Chris instructed her, showing her where to position her fingers and what strings to strum whilst playing certain chords. Slowly, she started getting the hang of it, and it made Chris smile. He couldn't stop the fluttering in his stomach when he was this close to her.

Sometime later, his mother had called him into the house to speak with him. He rose from where he was sitting, making his way to the back sliding door of the house where his mother was waiting.

Pulling the slide door open, he slipped in and closed it this after himself. He turned to his mother, who held a cup of coffee in her hand, smiling at him.

"What's wrong mum?" He asked.

"Have you ever thought about asking Amelia out, Chris?" his mother asked.

"What? No! Why would I do that?"

"I know you love her son. I can see it in your eyes. Don't think I haven't noticed the longing looks across the dining table when Amelia wasn't looking. It's obvious son, why don't you tell her?"

Chris shook his head, shaking his hands in front of him like a maniac. "No, no, no. Ma, I don't love her. She's just a friend."

"A friend that you are falling for. Do you get butterflies in your stomach whenever you see her? Or a racing heartbeat whenever she's close by. Or, do you even blush when she kisses you on the cheek or the forehead?"

Now that Chris thought about it. He really did. He just didn't understand what it was until then. He was falling for his best friend, and he didn't know what to do about it.

"W-What do I do?" asked Chris, shakily.

"Ask her on a date, tell her."

Chris shook his head. "No, no. I'm not asking her out mum. I'll wait, see if she feels the same way, and if she does. Then I'll tell her."

The thing was he had waited for three years, and he still hadn't told her. But now, all that time later, he'd finally built up the courage to finally tell her how he felt.

Amelia was standing in the kitchen, making a coffee for the both of them. Chris was in his room, hands sweating profusely as he replayed the speech - he made up - in his head. He finally built the courage to talk to her, and got up to walk to the kitchen.

Amelia's head averted from the kitchen bench, to Chris, who was walking in with a pale face. She suddenly got worried, and walked over to him.

"Chris? Is everything okay?" Amelia asked.

He nodded, swallowing thickly. "Yeah, yeah. I just, uh, I have something to tell you."

"You can tell me anything. What's wrong?"

Chris took a deep breath, his hands starting to shake from his nerves kicking in. "I'm falling for you," He said suddenly.

Amelia blinked in confusion. "What?" She asked.

"I'm falling for you Amelia. I have since that day I taught you how to play the guitar at my parents house. I-I just didn't know how to tell you," said Chris, his voice quieting down near the end.

Amelia stared at him in complete shock, not fully understanding what he had told her. When it did register in her brain, she looked up at him. His eyes were already on her, and next thing she knew, he smashed his lips against hers.

Butterflies in Chris' stomach were fluttering rapidly, and he knew that he couldn't let this moment go to waste. Pulling away from Amelia's lips, he left slow, wet kisses down her jawline to her neck, causing her to fingers to thread into his hair. Chris groaned, feeling Amelia's hands tugging on his hair, wanting to feel it even more.

"Bedroom," she gasped, tugging at Chris' hair again.

Chris grabbed her by the thighs, carrying her into the bedroom where he gently fell onto the bed with her. He stared down at Amelia, who was staring up at him with a smile.

"I love you too, Chris."