CHAPTER TEN; PHOTOGRAPH

FALLINGx

FALLING
x. PHOTOGRAPH
"GO COMFORT AMELIA. SHE NEEDS YOU."

"Loving can heal, loving can mend your soul
And it's the only thing that I know, know
I swear it will get easier,
Remember that with every piece of you
Hm, and it's the only thing we take with us when we die

Hm, we keep this love in this photograph
We made these memories for ourselves
Where our eyes are never closing
Hearts were never broken
And time's forever frozen still." - Ed Sheeran [Photograph]

THE WORST FEELING WAS KNOWING THE EXACT REASON WHY SOMEBODY WASN'T ANSWERING YOUR PHONE CALLS. Chris knew that feeling all to well, and he hated the fact that he was the reasoning to why Amelia wasn't answering her phone. He tried to talk to Ian, but the only response he had received was to call her himself.

The thing was, he had, multiple times, over the past few weeks, and she wouldn't answer his calls. He needed to talk to his best friend, but she wasn't answering because of something he said almost a month ago. He had a bad feeling in his gut that he disliked a lot, and he really wanted her to answer.

Pressing her contact name, he placed the phone to his ear for what felt like the 20th time in the past 3 weeks. However, the phone wouldn't ring, it was like she'd blocked his number or something. He sighed, pulling the phone away from his ear in annoyance.

Chris pulled up their Instagram DM's, and typed a quick message along the lines of "hey, why won't you answer my calls?" Before he sent her another DM on Twitter to see if she was actually ignoring him. When he didn't get a quick reply like he usually would, he got really worried and decided to apologise as well.

@christophrwood: Hey, Lia. I just wanted to apologise for everything that I did, and for what I said. You didn't deserve it at all, and I'm sorry. Love you Chameleon 💕

Chris waited for a reply whilst he was busy cooking something to eat for dinner in his trailer, Drift lying down on the bed beside Chris' phone as it charged. It was quiet, until the ringtone of his phone rang out around the room, awakening the sleeping dog, and catching Chris' attention.

He brought his plate of spaghetti over, picking up his phone to look at the caller ID; Renee. It was Amelia's mother calling. Chris' eyebrows furrowed, but he answered the phone from the lady he hadn't spoken to in almost 18 months.

"Renee?" Chris questioned.

"Chris," replied Renee.

Her tone of voice was different than usual. It was usually cheerful and bubbly, but today it was sad and dull. He knew something was up, but he just couldn't quite figure out what it was just yet.