“Gets me out of my own world for little while. Do you mind if I use your shower?”

             “Go ahead,” I said. “I’ll be on the balcony.”

I was wearing a baggy tee over my underwear but I wasn’t too fussed. Only two balconies looked onto mine, Oly’s and Liam’s. I grabbed a pack of cigarettes and my phone before slipping out.

I lit a cigarette up and stuck it between my lips before unlocking my phone and calling my parents in the hopes that either Noah would pick up or that they would let me speak to him.

            “Hello?” a voice slurred and I cringed. Dad was drunk.

            “Hi,” I said timidly, “It’s Daisy.”

             “What the hell do you want?” he questioned gruffly like it was an offence to call him. I sighed. I would never receive love or attention from my parents and it broke my heart to know that Noah probably never would too. The only thing my parents loved was money and alcohol. That was the sad, ugly truth.

            “I was hoping to speak to Noah.”

            “No.”

            “Dad, please-”

            “We told you not to bother-”

            “Whose on the bloody phone?” I heard my mother’s shrill voice and I closed my eyes. “Hello?”

            “It’s Daisy.”

             “What the heck do you want?” she asked in a high pitched, gruffly voice much the same way my dad had asked.

            “I just wanted to speak to Noah,” I said quietly.

            “Ha! Fat chance,” my mother said and I sunk down on the railing. “We told you not to bloody bother us. We would call if we freaking needed anything.”

            “I just want to speak to Noah,” I said desperately.

            “No, don’t bloody call again,” she said harshly.

            “Mum, plea-” the phone went dead. I shut my eyes and tried not to cry.

            “You okay?” a voice shouted and I looked to my right to see Liam on his balcony. I breathed in and out before faking a smile. I put my cigarette out in the ashtray that sat on the table before turning back to Liam. He looked beautiful in the morning sun. His hair was slightly tousled and his eyes were slightly squinted from the white morning light.

            “I’m okay,” I said but really I wasn’t fine at all. I turned around before he could say anything further and slid back into my cabin.

 I flopped down on my bed and pulled the covers over my head. I just wanted to hide from the world for a bit. The plan was going fine, my eyes were closed and I was almost falling asleep and then I heard a door opening. That would be fine if it was the bathroom door but it wasn’t. It was the balcony door. My eyes popped open and I shoved the covers off of me. 

            “Liam! What the hell are you doing?” I shouted and then lowered my voice thinking of Perry who was still in the shower. “How’d you get … you are dripping all over my floor!” I accused as I took in his soaked appearance. His whole body was dripping water and making a small puddle on my floor.

            “You didn’t have a towel on your balcony. You obviously aren’t alright,” he said and I winced as I heard the shower turn off. Oh God. This was not going to be good. Not good at all.