Chapter Twelve

Heyy♡ I need to stop updating so much 😂😭😂😭

***

Chapter 12

His hair was disheveled, as though he had been continuously running his hands through it.

His cheeks were pink, and his adam's apple bobbed in his throat as he swallowed anxiously.

"What do you need to talk about?" I asked, obvious worry lacing my tone.

"I need to know if you like me. If I'm honest, I've started to fall hard for you Violet. I know you probably don't feel the same, but I need to at least hear it so I have a reason to make myself stop liking you." He sighed, his voice breaking occasionally, which ripped my heart into shreds.

I opened my mouth to speak, but closed it when I couldn't form the words to speak.

"I know I probably just waisted my time, and this is worthless, but I thought I'd give it a shot." He sighed, running a hand through his already messy hair.

"I like you too Ashton. But I like someone else too. Can I have some time to think about this?" I inquires, my voice shaking and my hands trembling at my sides.

I swallowed the lump in my throat. My mouth went dry and I could hear my heart pounding rapidly against my chest so hard I thought it was going to burst.

He nodded, turning around. He was about out of my room, but I grabbed his wrist and spun him around.

Before he had time to react, I wrapped an arm around his neck, stood on my tiptoes, and pressed my lips to his.
He was still for a moment from shock, but moved his lips with mine eventually.

No matter how much I wanted them to be there, I just didn't get the same butterflies I got with Alex. I didn't feel the same emotions.

I pulled away, ushering him out of my room before he could speak.

I felt bad for Ashton, I did; but I couldn't force myself to fall in love with him the way I did with Alex.

I'd break it to him tomorrow.

***

My phone dinged, awakening me from my deep slumber.

I slurred something inaudible as I sat up, stretching my arms above my head.

I grabbed my phone and unlocked it, revealing Ashton's contact.

Ashton: have you decided yet? I could hardly think straight last night after you kissed me. I stayed up all night, waiting for your answer...

I let out a long sigh. I didn't know how to break it to him.

Violet: I'm sorry Ashton, I really am. I like you and all, but when I kissed you, I just didn't get the same butterflies I got with Alex

I chewed on my bottom lip, my mind feeling with anticipation for his reply.

Ashton: About dang time! I love you like a sister Vi, I was just trying to get you to admit your feelings for Alex. I ain't into all that love triangle crap 😂

My eyes widened as I realized I had been played.
What a jerk!

I couldn't keep myself from grinning though, that was definitely well played.

Violet: you idiot! But I have to admit, that was develishly clever

Ashton: I know right ;) now go admit your feelings to HIM before I do!

Violet: I will, just not yet. I don't even know if he likes me or not!

Ashton: whatever, you'll eventually learn

Violet: learn what?

Ashton: tsk tsk, not just yet. That's for me to know, and you to find out

Violet: you're a meanie

Ashton: and I embrace it darling

I rolled my eyes, but I couldn't ignore the small part of me wracking my brain for answers.

What was he talking about? What does he know that I don't?

I threw my covers off of me and rolled out of bed, slipping my feet into my fuzzy slippers and stumbling downstairs.

Mom was in the kitchen frying bacon, and Zach was in the living room on the phone.

Due to the grin on his face, it was obviously Meghan.

I couldn't keep the smile from slowly creeping onto my face.
He's been crushing on her for so dang long; it's about time he made a move!

***

Are you guys as shocked as I am about Ashton???

I told you guys, that even though there may be some cliché moments, this book isn't all bad!
Did you guys see that coming???

Byeee!