Chapter Two

I wanted to thank all of the people from my other account who followed this account ♡ and if any of you want to hate on me because of the cliché moments in this book, then you can shut it, because it also has plenty of original moments.

***

Chapter 2

On my way to the cafeteria, a hand grabbed my wrist, the person's fingers snaking around the thin bone.

The person yanked me into the janitor's closet.

I was about ready to give this person a piece of my mind when I realized who it was.

My eyes went wide and my throat dried out; my heart was thumping heavily against my chest and my hands started trembling at my sides.

"W-what do you want?" I stammered, my voice fragile as it came out barely above a whisper.

He sighed, shoving a hand through his hair.

"I want to get back at Sierra, and I know you do too. Can you shove aside your hatred for me for a moment and work with me?" Alex explained, and my jaw fell open.

"I-uh, don't know..." My voice trailed off as I pondered over the offer.

He sighed again, more exhasperatedly this time.

"Fine," I groaned.
"But how do you want to do it?"

I expected him to say something along the lines of vandalism or something, but what he proposed went beyond my belief.

"I think we should pretend to date. She still "likes me", and she can't stand you anymore," He explained, making air quotes when he said 'likes me'.

I tapped my chin thoughtfully, trying to compose myself.

"I guess that could work. When she sees us together, the jealousy will be priceless." I chuckled.

She deserves it after what she did to the both of us.

"Definitely," He smirked, holding his hand out, signaling a temporaty truce.

I took his hand in mine and shook it, doing my best to shove mine and Alex's history out of my mind for the time being.

Let the games begin.

***

School went by semi-quickly; Alex and I decided we would put the plan to action the next morning.

Mom was surprisingly home when I got there.

Once I opened the front door, pleasing aromas from the kitchen instantly slapped me in the face, making me grin.

"Mom!" I exclaimed, pulling her into my tight embrace.

"Hey baby girl, I'm glad you're in such a good mood," She chuckled, hugging me back.

I offered her a wide smile before making my way to my room.

I grabbed a pair of pajamas and took a warm shower.
I still couldn't shake the memories from the day.

It was going to be a long few weeks.

***

After a dinner filled with jokes, smiles, and stories from the last few weeks, I went to my room.

I turned on some music and started dancing, swaying my hips to the beat.

I needed a stress reliever, and this one worked.