Study Break [S1:E17]

Start from the beginning

"Do you need help undressing?" she whispered.

"I know what you're doing, Samantha Carson," I said breathlessly.

"Well, I was always good at creating distractions..."

That's when her lips pressed against mine. There was something in the kiss that excited me. It made my heart throb and my stomach clench. She was right about one thing...

She really was good at creating distractions...

When we parted, my body sighed in disappointment.

"I'm gonna take Charlie out," she said. "You're gonna take a bath, drink that glass of wine and relax, alright?"

"Yes ma'am."

A sculpted eyebrow arched as she smirked. "That's more like it."

She kissed me once more before leaving me alone in our bathroom. Honestly, I knew she only had my best interest in mind. Besides, if I didn't know the material now, I surely wouldn't by tomorrow. A little break really couldn't hurt...

So, I stripped and hopped in the tub. The warmth of the water eased the tension in my neck as I sipped on the glass of wine.

God, she had even gotten my favorite bottle. I couldn't help but think Sam deserved a medal for how far she's come as a girlfriend.

The smell of lavender settled my mind as I sunk lower into my bath. This was definitely much needed. Besides, I could take a twenty-minute bath, hop out with an eased mind and go to bed early. The exam wasn't until noon tomorrow anyway, so I could get up early and refresh my mind a few hours before...

I closed my eyes and allowed my mind to erase any thought of exams as the glass of wine hit my lips. The sweet sensation slid down my throat and touched something in my soul. Sometimes I really did overwork myself. Moments like this forced me to realize it.

Once I finished the glass of wine and the bath water turned lukewarm, I decided to quickly wash, shave and pamper myself just a bit more before hopping out. When I threw on my nightwear, I realized I felt completely relaxed and nowhere near tired.

I let down my ponytail and brushed through my damp waves, allowing my hair to flow and relax around my face. I sighed and smiled in satisfaction.

I walked out of the bathroom, but when I made it to the door of the bedroom, Sam's figure blocked my path.

"Where are you going?" she asked with a smirk.

"Back to studying...?" I answered hesitantly.

She just tilted her head playfully as I quickly took her in. There were times when I believed Sam would get tired of waiting around for me to finish school, but it never happened. She exceeded my expectations and it was heartwarming and... sexy.

My eyes traveled over her smooth arms that were exposed in her sleeveless tank and those slim legs that were visible in night shorts that covered just enough to be considered shorts and not underwear.

"But thank you," I whispered. "I really needed that."

"I know you did."

She stepped closer to me and my body heated up. The tension she was creating began to drive me crazy. This was her plan all along. Get me to take a nice bath, drink the wine and forget all about exams... and I had to give it to her...

There were about a handful of things I wanted to do instead of study, and they all involved Sam.

"Are you sure you wanna keep studying?" Sam teased.