Chapter 10: First Date?

K.O.'s Pov

I hid behind the shelf as I watched Y/n mop the floors. I could hear my heart bang against my chest as my face started to heat up signaling that I was blushing."Mm."I grunted."Why am I so nervous I'm just asking her if she wants to hang out."I stated in my mind. I then heard footsteps come up from behind me."Like what you see?"A voice asked before I turned around, and saw Rad smirking down at me."What!"I questioned."Well, you've been gazing at Y/n for, like the past hour."He said. I sighed,"I just wanted to ask her if she wanted to go to the food truck with me to get some lunch after our shifts."I said. Rad had a surprised expression on his face before it turned into a wide grin."Then it's a good thing that I'm here 'cause I know all about girls."Rad said pointing at himself.

3rd Pov

"Really?"K.O. asked"K.O. don't listen to him."Enid said walking over to the both of them."Just go over there and ask her. There's no way she'll say no."She reassured."You sure?"K.O. asked afraid of the possibility of her declining to have lunch with him."I guarantee it."She confirmed. K.O. took a deep breath and began to make his way over to the H/c haired girl. Each step he took his heart began to beat faster as his breathing became shallow. Y/n turned around and smiled."Hello, K.O." Y/n greeted. K.O. sheepishly smiled back,"Uh, h-hey Y/n I was wondering--K.O. are you ok? You're not looking too good."Y/n said concerned laying her hand on top of his head. K.O. blushed immensely."NO! I'm fine!"He said jumping back from her hand."But you look sic--Don't worry Y/n I'm ok."K.O. assured."Ok, then what is it you need?" "Do you want to go get lunch with me at the food truck? You don't have to if you don't want too."K.O. said. Y/n grabbed both of his hands with a huge smile plastered on her face."Of course, I'll go with you!"She shouted."Really."K.O. asked.

"Yeah! It sounds like a lot of fun!"She continued to shout as she jumped up and down."Great! We'll go when our shifts are over ok?"K.O. inquired."Yep!"Y/n said giving him a thumbs up and skipping away afterward. K.O. watched her skip off to the break room before he fist pumped,"Yes!"He whispered to himself.

 watched her skip off to the break room before he fist pumped,"Yes!"He whispered to himself

He happily ran back to Enid and Rad with a large smile."Nice Job squirt."Rad praised."I told you she wouldn't say no."Enid said."Yeah."K.O. said dreamingly with a lovestruck smile. Rad and Enid snickered."You got it bad for her huh?"Enid inquired."Got it bad?"K.O. asked confused. Rad and Enid shook their heads changing the subject."Now K.O., so this will be perfect I'll come with you on your date with Y/n."Rad said putting his arm around him. K.O. smiled until he realized what he said,"Wait...date!"

|Small Time Skip|

"Alright, alright. We got one order of Joe and Macaroni, one Sypros Platter, and one Gnocchi Gnocchi Panic."Beardo said placing down each dish for 3 of his customers. Y/n stared at the food with hunger."Man, it all looks so delicious."K.O. said."I recommend the Dragon Dragon Burrito."Rad said taking a bite out of the one in his hand, burping afterward making flames blast from his mouth. K.O. and Y/n ducked,"I really want to try that, but the burgs and potato wedges also look really good."He said."Yeah, everything looks so good I don't know what to get."Y/n said with stars in her eyes before her stomach growled. She covered her stomach, with her face red out of embarrassment.