13

It wasn't until three months later, that Phil saw Dan again. When he saw him, he was shocked. The beautiful brown haired man had bags under his eyes, and looked almost dead. Phil didn't say anything, in fear of making him mad. He just watched him, longing to speak. Dan on the other hand was happy that Phil didn't say anything to him. Dan knew he looked like a wreck, but he enjoyed drugs too much to make a change. For the past months, Dan had done heroin quiet a lot, but cocaine was still his primary drug.

It wasn't until a month after that, that Phil noticed needle marks on Dan's arm. Phil wanted to say something, but he didn't know what to say. He froze, wondering what would cause the man to self-medicate. He wished he could speak to Dan, but he didn't know how he'd react. He had to say something, he just couldn't watch Dan slip into nothingness.

"Dan," Phil breathed. "Oh Dan. you don't look so good."

"Phil, I told you not to talk to me again."

"you don't think I haven't noticed? It's so fucking obivous, I can literally see the marks." after Phil stated this, Dan quickly hid his arms.

"It's none of your business okay."

"Dan, I'd never hurt you. Trust me, let's just go to your place and talk about it, okay?" Dan just nodded.

When they entered Dan's apartment, Phil was shocked. His apartment wasn't how it was when he had last been there. There was coke on the coffee table, and pill bottles on the ground. Phil didn't know what to say, so he just looked at Dan, but then Phil's parental instinct kicked in.

"Daniel, how the fuck could you live like this?! Do you actually think it's good for Bear to be around all this?!" Phil screamed. Dan then started to cry.

"Shhh, don't cry dan. I'm sorry I raised my voice. But seriously, you need to change your ways." Phil whispered, while rubbing Dan's back.

"I can't Phil, I just can't." Dan sobbed.

"Why not?"

"Don't you get it? This isn't the first time this happened."

"Dan, you'll get through it I promise. I should probably get going." Phil stood up. What Dan said next shocked Phil.

"Phil, please just stay with me."