The Birth

There was an agonizing scream echoing of the the sides of the tower. Eragon winced.

"Why did I ever agree to this, Eragon, you son of a bastard!"

The crowd around the tower shifted uncomfortably, while Eragon tried to sooth his wife by saying, "We could take them out by magic."

"Get away you pile of frog eggs mixed with cow dung, roasted like the pig that you are. You are probably the great grandson of a dog too!"

"Get that from Angela, did you?" he chuckled.

"Shut up! Stop laughing at me! Why don't you try birthing a child! Let's see how you feel!"

Arya screamed again, this time out of pain.

"Relaxe, Green Rider! the children will come easier if you do," the caretaker said

"Gaaaaaaaah!!!" she screamed.

"l love you, my love."

"Don't you 'my love' me!"

"Here comes a head!"

Another scream.

"Are you sure you don't want to use magic?"

"Gaaaaaah! No they will be outcasts among the elves. Gaaaaaaah! Besides I've had sorse by the hands of Durza. Gaaaaaaah!"

With one more push, and the first baby was out. She had the ends of her ears were tapered, like an elf. She had almond shaped eyes on her right shoulder was something that looked like the front half of a dragon.

The next child was a boy. His features were more related to Arya then he, however the nose of the child looked similar to his. On his left shoulder, the backhalf of a dragon.

Eragon put the two halves of the dragon together and the birthmark started to glow like the mark on his hand. However, instead of blue light it was gold coming from the boy and purple from the girl, intertwining and making images and patterns.

Carefully, he put the children on Arya's chest and whispered, "I love you my love."

"And I you"

With that, the night was ended with a kiss.