Eragon POV

Eragon was performing the rimgar, a traditional elvish exercise, with his student riders. They seemed concerned and distracted, therefore made more mistakes than usual.

'After one more mistake I will end this and speak to them,' he decided.

'Make sure you are gentle, little one.'

'Yes Saphira.'

As if on cue, Bothendar toppled over into Arkea, making her fall over on top of him. It would have been comical if there wasn't a serious reason behind it.

"Let us be finished with this for now, but first, I would like to talk to you both. Come sit down." Both of the Riders complied.

"You seem to be...distracted, for lack of a better word. Is there anything that I should know about, or could help you with."

There was silence. After a few seconds, Arkea spoke in a rush, "Elda, we are feeling homesickness. I miss my family. I have half a mind to escape this place and go back to Alagaesia, just to see our loved ones."

Eragon said, "I know how you feel. Maybe we should take a vacation. Train while we are there in different politics." A plan was forming in his mind 'The younglings will need an escort won't they?' he thought. He inquired Saphira, and she agreed. He said to the young ones, "We will leave in three days. Get ready. We will be staying for a month with each race in Alagaesia."

His heart was soaring! He would finally see his beloved!!! He would never leave without her by his side! NEVER!!! Saphira shouted with glee!