Feelings Denied

Jade's P.O.V

I walked into the auditorium for "Romeo and Juliet" rehearsals. Gripping my script tightly in hand, I walked down the main row, threw my bag up on stage, and had a seat.

I was the first one here. I was really excited to get started on the play, so naturally I ran here early. I took a deep breath, taking in the decoration from the last school play, "Fiddler on the Roof." That was fun, I thought to myself, recollecting.

I hadn't auditioned for a role in that play, but got an oppurtunity to chorograph the blocking(direction of characters across the stage) for the most of the play.

For The Sound of Music I actually got to choreograph dance, as I thought a three-hour play spent constantly singing and acting would be too tiring for me.

I liked to take on addiitional roles other than acting. It gave me a sense of how the theater really worked and how everything came together on the opening night of a show.

I pulled a rubber band and grouped some of my hair on top of my head into a high ponytail, making sure to put the highlighted strands up also. I took out a brush and ran it quickly through my knarled tangles.

"Beauty Queen, are we?" a voice boomed from the door.

I jumped, sending my brush flying to the floor and me jumping off the stage.

"Gimme a heart attack, why don't you, Derek?" I asked as he came toward me. He stopped a few centimeters behind me.

I rolled my eyes at him and bent down to pick up my brush. Which I realized was a total mistake, because I heard him whistling and felt his eyes burning into my back. I grabbed my brush and stood up, still not facing him due to how awkward I felt.

"trying to put on a show for me?" he asked. I could feel his smirk. I grunted in anger and turned around. "You need a serious reality check if you think I'm ever going to like you." I said sternly.

Derek raised his eyebrows. He started humming the tune for "This Dame's About To Run Amuck" under his breath and I gasped. I folded my arms angrily.

"You think this is a joke?" I asked. He stopped laughing so suddenly I was starting to think the laugh was fake in the first place.

"All right. Truce?" he asked, sticking his hand out.

I stared at it nervously. I finally reached out and shook his hand.

He took this oppurtunity to pull me closer to him, and then forming an iron grip on my waist so I couldn't get away. He grinned, staring into my eyes for a minute. Then he lowered his head and brought his lips in contact with my neck.

He gave my throat small kisses before he bit a section of my neck between my jaw and my shoulder. I shut my eyes tight at how wonderful it felt. His teeth bit with just the right integrity, not hard enough for me to feel pain, but just the right amount to incite pleasure.

My hand squeezed the shoulder of his leather jacket. "Derek...." I whimpered softly. I could feel him smile into my neck as he reached up and pressed his forehead to mine.

As I stared into his eyes, I became aware of three things:

1) He had a girlfriend that he was supposedly happy with.

2) He was looking at me very intently, as if trying to read my eyes for a reaction or see what was going to happen next.

3) He was probably just playing me. He didn't mean anything he said, including the kiss. He didn't really like me and was just messing with my head.

Just as I was about to take action on this thought, a loud clapping sound bounced down the auditorium rows and rang in our ears, bringing us back to reality with a resounding crash. I pushed Derek away an struggled to recollect myself. Mr. Black came down the rows and grinned widely at us. "Good job, you guys. I see you guys are building chemistry." he said.