seventeen -- sleepover

chapter seventeen of

heart eyes

"JACE ISN'T HOME TODAY

"JACE ISN'T HOME TODAY." VENUS SAID AS SHE MADE HOT CHOCOLATE FOR THE TWO.

Richie wiggled his eyebrows as Venus snorted. "I invited you because I was simply being friendly." Venus said as she gave him his hot chocolate.

After a long silence as the two quietly sipped their hot chocolates Venus blurted out something she regretted as soon as she said it.

"I like you Tozier." Richie almost choked on his spit as he turned to look at the girl who was now blushing.

"R -- Really?" Richie's voice wavered as he still looked at her. He couldn't believe she'd said that after many times of turning him down, and that the most beautiful girl, Venus Johnson had said that. Venus was a goddess, Richard Tozier knew it now.

Venus merely nodded not daring to look at the boy thinking the feelings weren't mutual. She knew that Richie flirted with everything that breathed, and she wasn't exactly sure if she'd fallen over his charms or his personality.

"Venus." She finally had the courage to look at him as she gulped. "Yeah..?" She asked quietly looking at him.

"I like you too. Like a lot. Like this much," Richie motioned with his hands outstretched. But knowing Richie Tozier, he soon ruined the moment, "and mostly because I got to touch your back and see you half naked."

Venus laughed as she hit his arms, Richie soon laughing as well. "Want to have a sleepover?" Venus asked as Richie nodded eagerly.

Later on, Venus had fallen asleep in her bed as Richie slept in the living room's couch, politely not disturbing her privacy. After midnight, Venus woke up and looked around her room as she frowned. She stood up walking around the house but not seeing Richie anywhere, until she came into the living room.

She smiled seeing him snoring which was absolutely adorable to her. She kneeled beside him as she gently touched his nose, cheeks and just caressing his face.

"Richie.." She whispered as his eyds fluttered open. "Come and sleep with me. I know the couch isn't the most comfortable." Venus said as she brushed his hair as he soon nodded, the two cuddling in the bed, just forgetting about everything such as Henry Bowers.